Tennessee

-
Welcome aboard Zinger! Glad to have you with us at the best Mopar site there is. I'm a couple hours west of you in Weakley County.

Welcome aboard Zinger! Glad to have you with us at the best Mopar site there is. I'm a couple hours west of you in Weakley County.
hey whats up i'm a coulpe of hours west of you, just saw were you were, wanted to say hello, i just got in about two weeks ago

newbie on the site from madisonville,tn. 10 min. off i-75 south of sweetwater.

Checking in with the "TN gang" from here in the Knoxville area.

Going to run back through the thread but, I wanted to shout out to all of the folks in the state.

Like the username implies - I want to learn more. Will be getting started on a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport, 360, 727 restoration project as soon as I have a garage/workshop built. Car was bought from EBay out of Kentucky. Project car that somebody else had started and that we plan to finish.

Would love to hear any words of advice from the folks that have blazed the trail ahead of me. It is almost overwhelming to know where to start. Plans for now are get the building done and work through the winter on the car. Plan to disassemble, clean and inspect the engine early. Get a better feel for what I have, get a shoppping list and hunt parts as the budget allows. While I am working on that, I plan to be doing bodywork and "elbow grease" items with the body.

Would be great to meet you someday. Keep your fingers crossed that I can get it done and get it all out on the road.

I live in La Vergne, just southeast of Nashville. A lot of my co-workers that are into cars are Mopar guys....that's what got me my first mopar, this barracuda

Hey green67cuda. I have a friend in Smyrna that has a black 73 cuda that is a big block and is sharp.

I live in Smyrna, about 10 miles outside Nashville. Oh, by the way! I haven't forgotten about you 68valianteffort. I'm workin on gettin some 360's now. I'll let you know something as soon as I can. It's good to know there are a few of us mopar guys from the good ole Volunteer State. Does anyone plan on coming to Nashville June 7th for the Hot Rod Power Tour? :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:

Tennessee is a beautiful state.:love7:
I am originally from here in West Virginia, but I lived in Smyrna near Percy Preist Lake and the Air Guard Strip. My Aunt, Virginia still lives across Murfeesboro Road in La Vergne.

That was back in the summer of 1984. I was 19. That was when Lamar Alexander was the Gov. I attended the summer jam at The Hermitage Landing on June 9th, 1984. Those were the good old days! I went to "Vandy" and worked for the state. I worked at MTMHI <the state nuthouse> when it was still on Murfeesboro Road. I do believe some of the Nashville Airport is there now. I drove a black '74 chebby Impala then, but now I have a baby blue 66 Valiant.
Which goes to show, with age comes wisdom.
It's MOPAR or NO car!

5258 here (Mike).

I'm in Shelbyville, about 15 miles south of M-Burro.

Anyone plan on going to the Fun in The Sun show in Knoxville on the
18th?

Picture7212.jpg

5258 here (Mike).

I'm in Shelbyville, about 15 miles south of M-Burro.

Anyone plan on going to the Fun in The Sun show in Knoxville on the
18th?

Picture7212.jpg

yeah i will be there your talking about the show at chilhowie park right

I live in Crossville. Not to much here but is home. O by the way their is a Mopar show July 18 in Knoxville:cheers:

I plan on going also. How big a turnout is there usualy?

Thanks Mike

Mike,

Yeah a good show, I would guess around 250 cars, usually a good swap meet also. Hope to see you there. I have the light blue 72 Swinger.

Scott

Scott,

I plan to be there with my Black Dart. Plan to take the wife and son
and make a weekend trip out of it.

Been doing alot of local shows it will be nice to go somewhere diferent.

Mike

Hi Mopar dudes & dudettes,

I hope to come to the July 18th show. I will be in a 67 red GTX.

There will be a all Mopar show at Cove Lake State Park above Knoxville, just off I-75. It is sponsored by the Norris Lake Mopar Club on August 15th.

Don't forget the crusie-in Cleveland, TN on the fourth Saturday of each month (3-dark, thru Oct) at the courthouse. Many Mopars come & it's a great gathering. Last time there were 300+ cars in attendance.

John :-D

Hi Mopar dudes & dudettes,

I hope to come to the July 18th show. I will be in a 67 red GTX.

There will be a all Mopar show at Cove Lake State Park above Knoxville, just off I-75. It is sponsored by the Norris Lake Mopar Club on August 15th.

Don't forget the crusie-in Cleveland, TN on the fourth Saturday of each month (3-dark, thru Oct) at the courthouse. Many Mopars come & it's a great gathering. Last time there were 300+ cars in attendance.

John :-D
The mopar show at Cove lake do they have a swap meet???

-
Back