test-fitting aussiespeed long tube early A headers

-

robertob

Reaction score
Just got these in the mail from down under yesterday. They appear to fit a 63-66 with 225/904 and original big starter. I believe they will also fit WITH power steering (with a tiny tweak for the next round), but I need to swap my steering box to confirm.

I may be working with Mark to import some so keep an eye on this space.

Attachments

• IMG_9201.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_9242.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 425
Very Nice set of headers, How come the folks down under seem to have some very cool speed equipment that we never see

Not sure about 67 up, someone would have to test fit them. These were designed with the U.S. market in mind, and soon hopefully they will be easily available.

They look very similar to the long tube early A headers that Clifford used to sell. IIRC the front set were routed through and under the K frame. Wish I never sold my set I used to have.

And yes the Cliffords did fit with PS/ Looks like these ought to as well.

The design is based on the old Clifford ones but with much better CNC tube bending, welding, etc. I am pretty sure they will fit with PS, I just didn't want to promise anything until I swap steering boxes around. They also should fit manual transmission cars and 170s.

Very Nice set of headers, How come the folks down under seem to have some very cool speed equipment that we never see

Because the folks down under didn't just put a V8 into every car they could get their hands on,

Swapped out steering boxes today, it fits perfectly.

So these are now the only header option for an early A-body with power steering, or with a 170 engine.

Attachments

• IMG_9350.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 285
Nice headers.How long are the pipes and diameter ?
How much will they cost?
Thanks

Swapped out steering boxes today, it fits perfectly.

So these are now the only header option for an early A-body with power steering, or with a 170 engine.

I still want to see these on a 170. I have my doubts, that the same header will fit the 225, and 170 engine in an early "A" body.

They should fit a 170 fine, but I would think the ground clearance would be an issue for a street car. Hopefully we will find out soon.

That $750 price includes about $250 worth of shipping costs, FWIW. I am talking with Mark about bringing over a container of them which should reduce that quite a bit.

That's what it says, but as far as I know they have not been test fitted on a 170. I sent Assiespeed a set of new Clifford 225 headers, and a used set of 170 headers. They were different. Mark "copied" these, and said one set would fit both. I hope they do, but someone needs to try. I am not about to spend that kind of money to find out they don't fit.

-
Back