Test n Tune

-

DERICKS

Reaction score
Well going to the ole T&T tomorrow and a local strip and I was wondering if there were any good suggestions about what I shouldnt forget to take with me? I havent been out in a couple years so keep it light, informative, and maybe helpful in case I do forget something important?!

Besides any tools you might take, don't forget your helmet, tire pressure gauge and money :-D Let us know how you run ?? Good Luck !!

A jack and jackstands maybe? Mini air compressor?

That vid def. makes me now know you are 100 percent serious lol cute kids

How about some different colour springs for your carb.To play with your secondaries.This may help with your 60ft. 2 cents

If you're running an alternator, a spare belt could be helpful. Those will fly off, twist or shred at high rpm's.

If you unhook the alt belt, you'll need a jump box or way to charge the battery.

Hats & sunscreen for the gorgeous, hard working pit crew.......:sunny:

a camera.............got to have pictures....have funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn......good luck

Don't forget to take a pair of long pants or sweat pants with you, and closed toed shoes. A lot of tracks will not let you run in shorts or sandals. I'd hate to get there, get all set to go and get pulled out of line for not having long pants or shoes. Good luck and enjoy the ride!!!

There Ya Go!!That second run looked preety good.Glad to see your hav,in a great time with your car.Could ya post some run sheets?And what set up?

There Ya Go!!That second run looked preety good.Glad to see your hav,in a great time with your car.Could ya post some run sheets?And what set up?

Yep i'll dig out the slips tomorrow so i can scan them and give ya the run down now.

69 340 10.1 comp TRW pistons
stock rods stock crank balanced
MP 508 hyd flat tappet cam
308 heads with 2.02/1.60 non ported
1.5 roller rockers
Edelbrock torker II
750 holley HP 76/82 3.5 PV 35 squirters
MSD 6 AL 36 degrees total timing
1 5/8 headers to 3 inch dynomax exhaust.
904 reverse manual valve body 9 1/2 Dynamic converter 3400 stall
4.30 gears in an 8 3/4 with spool
28x13.50x15 ET Streets
3150 with me and a half tank of 93 octane.

I remember taking that white gtx in your sig picture to Lapeer a couple of times too. Would have been 82 or 83. good times.

man that looked fun ................put a few on the trailer .....like those vids............car looks great toooooooooooooooo ....no better time then track time.............good luck

Thanks guys! I did a lot of tuning so the car was kinda all over the place. I made a baseline pass then I made one without my air filter and just the base, the car slowed almost 3mph and 2 tenths !lol I made 3 timing passes and 4 jetting passes and two just for fun at the end of the day. The car slowed in the 1/8 by a tenth and 4mph since I put on the sticky tires so I think I might have too much traction...sounds funny dont it? Next time I go I want to play with pump cams squirters and spacers etc.... to whittle it down a tenth or two.

-
Back