TF band adjust advice

-

3406pk

Reaction score
I'm going to change oil on TF 727 behind 408 stroker and will adjust bands too. What size is the square head of adjusting bolts?. I got procedure from 1970 FSM. Is there any modifications to that for a street & mostly strip Duster? Appreciate your help.

If it doesn't have a shift improver kit set it to stock specs.

Btw since your running a stroker I'd at least put a transgo tf2 shift improver kit in it. It'll make the trans perform better and last a lot longer

Thanks d1970 and fishy. It does have shift improver kit last rebuild and bolt in sprag. I'll have to find socket for that square head.

Some shift kits specify a different adjustment than the factory so before you do anything you need to find out what kit was used and see what the directions say and use those figures

Some shift kits specify a different adjustment than the factory so before you do anything you need to find out what kit was used and see what the directions say and use those figures

X2
I don't think I have ever in my entire life used a torque wrench for band adjustments.
Just use a 8mm or 5/16 open end wrench and tighten to about thiiiiiiis much, back it off the correct turns and hold it while you lock the nut back down.

Got that? :D

Really, if you have no idea what that torque amount feels like go on a square drive hunt I guess.

Got it done today. Thanks for the input. I used a5/16 wrench & put an Allen wrench in the box end then torque wrench on Allen hex. Had to adjust torque down because of added length of wrench (72 down to 50 in-lb). Worked OK. Didn't have room on outer adjuster cause of headers, so had to use feel for it. Thanks

-
Back