Thanks got my cam

-

BC408

Reaction score
Hi I'm a nube from down under I'm trying to have a 408 stroker built in the US, the builder says he's on the list to get the comp cam he needs but can't get the one he needs due to covid and low staff numbers

Anyone know where I can get a comp cam for 10.5:1 450hp target

Edit

Need more info. Sol/hyd? Roller/FT.
Have you checked the Summit site?

B5F6F56C-57F5-45F1-A681-3CBA150035C9.jpeg

Do you have the number or the specs of the cam that your builder spec’d? I’m only curious because 450hp out of a 10.5:1 408 is on the low side of normal for a stroker. With that HP number, It should no doubt produce prime mover / stump puller type torque. That’s not a bad thing if you have access to high enough octane fuel. What heads and intake and what are you putting it into?

Last edited:
Do you have the number or the specs of the cam that your builder spec’d? I’m only curious because 450hp out of a 10.5:1 408 is on the low side of normal for a stroker.
That would be a low HP output number. But I don’t see it as a big deal. I see a small cam making that HP figure. Also mountains of torque. This could be done with OOTB Edelbrock or TF heads. Stock heads would need to be massaged IMO.

Big engine, great heads, small cam equal a LOT of torque and reasonable HP that is still capable of good mileage.

-
Back