THANKS REDFISH-Mr Duster's back on the road!

-

MrDuster

Reaction score
After almost 2 yrs of replacing/refurbishing most everything that moves on Mr Duster he's back on the road! What was going to be a quick transmission rebuild turned into a much bigger project! Here's me taking the kids to school--33 years after I use to drive it in high school...can't see the smiles on their faces, but they got bigger when the TQ's secondaries kicked in. THANK YOU to all the FABO's members who gave me good advice. Special thanks to REDFISH for his outstanding work getting my rally gauge cluster working right...it's perfect. He was thorough, good at explaining what he was going to do, and very reasonable--A GREAT FABO resource!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 157
Fantastic!! Great story & thanks for sharing!! Lawrence

Looks Great! Good too see her back on the road, more Pics!

Here's a couple more shots I just took per request-I could only do 1 px so I added a few more below...it's raining here in Texas so they're inside shots...we need the rain. The sticker on the bumper is from 1992...the car survived hurricane Andrew at Homestead AFB and the stickers a reminder. The engine is an original 71 340, but not # matching as the guy that owned it before me threw a rod...factory sent a new motor which the dealer installed. 727 tranny # matches. Got to paint that wiper motor...had the cover off and should have done it then. Dash photo...Mr G's redid the dash after the hurricane...but the bezels were lost by the local guy. Mr G came through with a set 22 yrs later...hats off to Mr G's! Next step to shine up and rebalance the wheels + add the American Racing caps I got awhile back...then some minor body work and a dozen or so punch items...very happy it's running strong and driving straight! Live the redone air vent door...my poor man's air conditioning!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 80
Dash redone w/tach added...had to go take a look again as it doesn't look straight...due to angle...sorry covered up the trip meter which is working!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 75
And last but not least...the air door...my driver's side was frozen tight, but rich at theheaterboxguy squared it away after my 2 weeks of diesel couldn't free it:

Here's a px side shot...this and the side shot above where taken a few days ago before the rain! Tips on shining aluminum or balancing these wheels welcomed!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 60
-
Back