Thanks to all the participants..... 2018 small block race

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here are the final standings in the 2018 small block race.
racers 2018.xlsx
Congrats to 65Vsignet, again. Him and I tied for 1st, both going .1 faster than our dial index. I decided "ties" should go to the faster car, because that's what racing is about :)

Again, thanks for all those that joined, had fun, posted, and raced.
318willrun
:)

Thanks for setting this up. I wish I could have made it back to the track 1 more time! I really feel I would have improved my time a lot. Will we be doing this again next season?

Cley

And I was a thousands of a second from standing alone in 1st. :(
LOL...….. :D
11.9 on a 12.0 dial, he's got a quick 318 - enough to take on a 485 hp Scat Pak :)
You are gonna have to step it up next year you cant let him win 3 years in a row!! Lol
What all Is done to his 318?

You are gonna have to step it up next year you cant let him win 3 years in a row!! Lol
What all Is done to his 318?
here is his build post in the race thread.

"1970 318 block, i think its a truck or marine block has 4 mounting tabs for motor mounts, cam is under .500 lift, Eddy heads, and i did upgrade the valve springs this year to trick flow. Crane gold rockers, Eddy RPM air gap intake manifold, and a 650 Brawler Carb. 904 Trans with Dynamic conv around 3200 stall and 4.30 gears in the back."

Just a suggestion but how bout all ties being decided by who has the best reaction time on the posted time slip.

Just a suggestion but how bout all ties being decided by who has the best reaction time on the posted time slip.
What! I was focusing on my brake torque technique and getting it "just perfect" so I didn't break the 1 leg loose!!! Reaction time was the furthest thing from my mind!! :eek:

Maybe this year I’ll actually make it to the track. I need to tune my car better, I think my timing is off cause it doesn’t have the power it should

17th of 24!! Not too bad for someone who’s never been down a drag strip before!!
:lol:
LOL.... well, anyone that didn't make a pass didn't place... :D Just had to put the participants on the spreadsheet, in no particular order. Order was placed as passes were made. but you knew that.....

318Will. Could you set up a 1/8 mile race for this year?
there was another member that PM'd me about the small block race for 2019. I told him he could use my spread sheets and modify how he seemed fit. He seemed interested in running it this year. I think I'm going to let someone else run it.

Besides, I have a race(s) with Jaba :D

-
Back