Thanksgiving Dinner

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
Anyone want a different twist for Thanksgiving dinner? You can gladly take it off my hands. I was talking to my mom this morning and notcied something climbing the tree and this is what I found. We called to see what could be done with it due to carrying rabies and ringworm and the cops said nothing they can do. Anybody got a clue?

raccon 2.jpg

raccon 1.jpg

She is checking you out. 71dodge has one as a pet, his is pretty cute.
Good luck in whatever you have to do with it. Im surprised the rottie hasn't taken care of it.

She is checking you out. 71dodge has one as a pet, his is pretty cute.
Good luck in whatever you have to do with it. Im surprised the rottie hasn't taken care of it.

It is not the Rottie that will take care of it but the Beagle. He is the evil one that is why his name is Lex Luthor.

Betty, I caught one Monday in the live trap and killed it and skinned it out. Marinaded it for 2 days in the frig and then baked it on the grille. Some kinda good. That one looks to be a young one so pop the cap on him and chow down. Problem solved.

Watch the dogs around raccoons no matter how badass your dogs think they are! When I was little we lived in the woods and had a bouvier des flandres

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=bouvier des flandres&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

he got attacked by 3 raccoons and messed up pretty good even with my dad shooting them with a 22.
Nikkis work sees dogs torn up by raccoons all the time. Her boss had a friend that was a vet and had a pet raccoon since a baby with no problems and one day it decided that it didn't like him anymore so it ripped off half his face.
Strap down your trash can lids as well, little bastards!

I guess I don't get what the problem is... you saw a raccoon in your tree... what's the big deal?

Raccoons are EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vile!!!!!!!!!!! almost demonic!!!!!!! Seriously though, we had one on our ranch for awhile and it eventually just lived it's life around our schedule. It stayed hidden during the day when we were active and came out at night for his own time.

i had three in the tree the other night a while ago i got a coonskin hat haha

I guess I don't get what the problem is... you saw a raccoon in your tree... what's the big deal?

The vet bills$$$$ trying to get rid of whole body ringworm caused from rottie eating crap!!
Per vet, ringworm from cats & coons!!

Also, they carry an assortment of desiese. Watched some show a couple a weeks ago that covered topic, also they are mean at times and will attack humans.

The beagle almost broke his leg today when he went up the tree about 5 feet and feel endo on his back!!
Consevation officer? None available. Big suprise.
Keep in mind too, They almost killed a cat last week, same tree. brought dogs in , tried to scare cat out of tree. Neighbors called the law on me for tormenting cat!!!

Hows that?8)

Todays update. Racoons nocturnal. He did not get a wink of sleep today and had about a dozen cold baths with the garden hose. Neighbor asked what I was doing. Told him I was bathin my tree & coon go call a cop!! Coon miserable! Left after dark. Loaded tree crux with moth balls!

I wouldn't go back to a motel where I couldn't get any sleep!!!

The vet bills$$$$ trying to get rid of whole body ringworm caused from rottie eating crap!!
Per vet, ringworm from cats & coons!!

Also, they carry an assortment of desiese. Watched some show a couple a weeks ago that covered topic, also they are mean at times and will attack humans.

The beagle almost broke his leg today when he went up the tree about 5 feet and feel endo on his back!!
Consevation officer? None available. Big suprise.
Keep in mind too, They almost killed a cat last week, same tree. brought dogs in , tried to scare cat out of tree. Neighbors called the law on me for tormenting cat!!!

Hows that?8)

Well, wait until something actually happens before ya get all pissed off. It showed up today correct? Could dissapear just as fast... not like it's been causing trouble for weeks, days even. Was it there all day?

Well, wait until something actually happens before ya get all pissed off. It showed up today correct? Could dissapear just as fast... not like it's been causing trouble for weeks, days even. Was it there all day?

Got enough vet bills already and not waiting to get my dogs opened up when I let them out. Also not going out before them in my underwear in the AM!
LOL!!!!
8)

Coon Gone, but he's real tired & clean!

Got enough vet bills already and not waiting to get my dogs opened up when I let them out. Also not going out before them in my underwear in the AM!
LOL!!!!
8)

rofl, yeah... fair enough then... I can't think of any other solution than what everyone already said, shoot it, lol.

Watch the dogs around raccoons no matter how badass your dogs think they are! When I was little we lived in the woods and had a bouvier des flandres
he got attacked by 3 raccoons and messed up pretty good even with my dad shooting them with a 22.
Nikkis work sees dogs torn up by raccoons all the time. Her boss had a friend that was a vet and had a pet raccoon since a baby with no problems and one day it decided that it didn't like him anymore so it ripped off half his face.
Strap down your trash can lids as well, little bastards!

My old German Shepherd "Rocky" eviserated a 50 lb racoon before he knew what happened. Rocky was an asshole though and I was the only person who could deal with him. He had one of my X fiance's pinned in the bathroom and she grew up with dobe's and GSDs. Rocky was a one person dog, no doubt. He never got sick from the coon either. This most likely is a one of kind situation though. BTW, that french dog doesn't look really tough, lol. I wonder if they were french army dogs, LMAO!

Seroiusly though, sorry to hear about your buddy. What a bummer.:angry7: Racoons are tough as nails.

rofl, yeah... fair enough then... I can't think of any other solution than what everyone already said, shoot it, lol.

Yeah! LOL!! As usual, smallblock had the best idea.
With the cats & cops, instead of saving if I would have dropped it real quick from the house, no one would have known!

Sides, it's deer season here and all day guns were blarrin!! LOL8)

No one will hear a long barreled .22 and think twice. Just be very mindful of where that bullet will drop as a .22 can travel over a mile when aimed up a tree, no BS. A .410 shotgun with some #4 shot would be best in regards to safety.

My old German Shepherd "Rocky" eviserated a 50 lb racoon before he knew what happened. Rocky was an asshole though and I was the only person who could deal with him. He had one of my X fiance's pinned in the bathroom and she grew up with dobe's and GSDs. Rocky was a one person dog, no doubt. He never got sick from the coon either.
LOL!!!
When our beagle fell out of the tree, that's when the coon started bathing every half hour!!
Although really, after seeing the old rottie climbing the tree too, it reminds me how he grabs at the neck, shakes, and throws his enemies!

1 time stray dog was attacking kids next door at a birthday party. (I didn't know at that time)
Dogs going nuts in the house, let them out, beagle runs to the front of house. Rottie runs straight up behind shed then see him running across neighbors yard! ABB< HE broke through the fence and is headiin foir a bunch of kids!!!!!!!!
Ran over to find my dog in their yard with a 50lb dog in his mouth by the neck shakin the hech out of it! (I think its the neighbors dog and I'm crappin my pants LAWSUIT!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!
Grab my dogs chain and drag to the street (while other dog is hanging in mouth bleeding & limp) Finally make Vinnie let him go. (while a dozen horrified kids and 3 addults look on)
I'm yellin at vinnie and he's looking sad, other dog comes around and stumbles off bleeding like a stuck pig with a trail on the street. I'm CRAPPIN LAWSUIT.
The neighbors (different ones,not the cop callers) come running down with all the kids and before I could keep them away from my dog, everybody is running down and patting me on the back thanking me and petting loving on vinnie! I feel like I landed on another planet!
I find out this stray ran into their yard attacking kids & adults, Vinnie saw through window from house, raised heck, let out, cleared a 4' chin link in 1 leap, ran through a crowd of screaming children and adults, and steam rollered the dog, and came up from the roll with the dog in his mouth. That's when I showed up. I had no idea what the heck was going on till they told me!8)

No one will hear a long barreled .22 and think twice. Just be very mindful of where that bullet will drop as a .22 can travel over a mile when aimed up a tree, no BS. A .410 shotgun with some #4 shot would be best in regards to safety.

Roger That!
But I don't have 22 anymore, some boot towards purchase of Fern 75 Dart.
Did take 2 rock salt shells out with my 410 after dark, but he was gone. I don't think he liked the restful sleep and bath he got today!

-
Back