That’s enough time off

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If I lay around any longer I’ll get lazy. Well I enjoyed my time off but 1.5 days is enough. The valves didn’t get here for the heads I was working on so I grabbed a Victor340 to do for a Keystone Raceway Park racer.

IMG_0990.jpeg

IMG_0991.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

IMG_0993.jpeg

IMG_0994.jpeg

If I lay around any longer I’ll get lazy. Well I enjoyed my time off but 1.5 days is enough. The valves didn’t get here for the heads I was working on so I grabbed a Victor340 to do for a Keystone Raceway Park racer.

View attachment 1716183019

View attachment 1716183020

View attachment 1716183021

View attachment 1716183022

View attachment 1716183023
How do you decide where to scribe the lines? With the intake manifold gasket? Since there's slop in the bolt holes, how do you decide "where" is correct?

How do you decide where to scribe the lines? With the intake manifold gasket? Since there's slop in the bolt holes, how do you decide "where" is correct?

I use the Edelbrock gasket that I always post up and wheel studs. I force them to catch a thread into the intake. There is zero slop in either the gasket or intake.

How do you know the ports will all line up when on the block, of things were milled they can move around, right?

I’ll add I couldn’t do this with the sloppy egg shaped holes on the TrickFlow intake. Way to much guesswork their without have the engine in front of you.

How do you know the ports will all line up when on the block, of things were milled they can move around, right?

I’ve never had an issue on my stuff. And never had a complaint. This gasket lines up about perfect on both an Edelbrock and speedmaster head.

Well I either overheated my Foredom grinder for the first time, need the brushes changed or cleaned up, or possibly have a cable going because she’s slowing down. Lol. I got way more done than I ever expected today. Plenum is probably 80% roughed in.

IMG_0997.jpeg

IMG_0996.jpeg

IMG_0995.jpeg

Can I ask how you keep your carbide bits clean? I just started working on a Victor340 intake I bought.

Can I ask how you keep your carbide bits clean? I just started working on a Victor340 intake I bought.

I dip them in transmission fluid. I used to mix in WD40 but the price jumped up bigtime on the gallon container. I have a bunch of Harbor Freight money I may look into buying another gallon. I get zero buildup with transmission fluid but the WD40 helps cool them better when I mix some in.

Last edited:
I use the Edelbrock gasket that I always post up and wheel studs. I force them to catch a thread into the intake. There is zero slop in either the gasket or intake.
Thanks for that. You don't have to share all your secrets but I appreciate it.

Thank you! Follow up question, how often do you have to dip them in ATF? Every couple minutes or once every 15?
I dip them in transmission fluid. I used to mix in WD40 but the price jumped up bigtime on the gallon container. I have a bunch of Harbor Freight money I my look into buying another gallon. I get zero buildup with transmission fluid but the WD40 helps cool them better when I mix some in.

Way more than every 15 minutes but nothing is timed. Grind, dip, grind, dip, blast the music. The only time I wear ear protection is during intake manifold porting. They get a little noisy for even my ears.

Well I had a couple nice visits from my son and another Mopar racer stopped in for a very nice visit so I didn’t get to finish Pats intake till today. It still needs a wash job and a quick inspection but it’s ready for pickup. I’ll be starting on a new set of Speedmaster heads probably tomorrow and hope to get them tubbed and start roughing in work.

IMG_1055.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1051.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

IMG_1049.jpeg

-
Back