The 1970-1971 Dart GT Registry

-
Hello guys,

just found this thread and I have one question - maybe someone can give me an answer.

View attachment 1715082228

I have a 1970 Dodge Dart GT as you can see in my garage. It has the 318 C.i. 2bbl, 904TF, front sway bar, buckets, Console, 8 3/4 with 323. And it has HD Drum Brakes (not powered). But then Bruce wrote "All came with Power Steering" - but mine is a manual steering car since factory (also not fast manual steering!). It was an export car for Canada. The steering wasn't converted from Power Steering to manual steering when I look at all the parts...

Someone may have an answer for this?

Thanks in Advance!

Like DartGTDan I don't know a ton about the '70's. Both of my GT's are '71's, so that's what I spent my time learning about.

I can tell you my EL5 GT has factory power steering, while the GK6 car was manual. I have the fender tag and build sheet for the EL5 car to prove it.

I can also tell you there isn't a ton of info from the factory about how these cars were equipped, and while Bruce knew a lot about them he was still finding things out about them himself as he added cars to the registry.

I had the pleasure of talking to Bruce a few times by phone about my cars. The GK6 car was #69 in the registry, and the first '71 in the registry with dual mirrors. I forget the registry number of the EL5 car, might have been 65. I have it in my files somewhere along with copies of the registry list from the website.

Like DartGTDan I don't know a ton about the '70's. Both of my GT's are '71's, so that's what I spent my time learning about.

I can tell you my EL5 GT has factory power steering, while the GK6 car was manual. I have the fender tag and build sheet for the EL5 car to prove it.

I can also tell you there isn't a ton of info from the factory about how these cars were equipped, and while Bruce knew a lot about them he was still finding things out about them himself as he added cars to the registry.

I had the pleasure of talking to Bruce a few times by phone about my cars. The GK6 car was #69 in the registry, and the first '71 in the registry with dual mirrors. I forget the registry number of the EL5 car, might have been 65. I have it in my files somewhere along with copies of the registry list from the website.

Thanks for the Info!

Yeah, there isn't much info about those GTs. I once heard that 903 GTs were build - all together (/6, 318, Console...). Export cars could have some pretty awesome stuff, 'cause sometimes they were special order cars. My father owns a special order 1966 Valiant Station Wagon 200 with a 273 2bbl, four on the floor, HD shocks, 8 3/4, 3.23:1 with sure grip, Anti Sway Bar,... This was a special order car for Austria, Europe, and more a Plymouth Barracuda in disguise. So what I have learned is that nearly everything was possibly when you ordered your car.^^

Is the 70-71GTRegistry link still working? 'Cause when I klick on the link it doesn't work.

My GT is original FF4, green interior and green vinyl roof. 318, 904TF, 8 3/4, 3.23:1, Anti Sway Bar, HD drum brakes, manual steering, buckets and console. The Dart had only one mirror as you can see in the picture from december 1971 beneath (b/w).
upload_2017-8-15_10-25-35.jpeg

upload_2017-8-15_10-27-15.jpeg

More pics you can find in my garage.

Thanks for the reply I will take any info on the 1970 71 dart gt I can get.Thanks

-
Back