the 273 club

-

mrtires24

Reaction score
just a place for everyone to post pics of there 273 car.

Not mine, but its my wifes!

1965 barracuda 273 auto. In here family almost since new. Its been past down 3 generations. This is the only pic I have of it.

weddingPictures467.jpg

PS I started a 440 club in the Big block section.

Phil

for those "other" engines, I started a 318, 273, 340, and 440 club ( 440 club is in the BB section)

I will have to leave it up to other people with 360's and /6 to start those clubs. I have owned them, and have pics of some, but I don't own them any more.

Phil

A great idea! I love to vote for the underdog and I am a firm believer in the
HP273. Mine needs lots of work but it's a gas to drive and I drive it often.I hope all enjoys these posts!!!!!
toolmanmike

I just thought if someone had a question about a sertain engine, a group of people with all the same engines would be a good place to ask.

Phil

also will need someone else to start out a hemi club, 383 club, 400 club. a 4 spd club might be cool to, I'l think about it, to many clubs might not work though.

67 Barracuda I just bought with a 273 2 barrel for now... Down the road it'll be replaced with something much bigger.

100_0221.jpg

100_0242.jpg

Kind of looks familiar.
Did you buy it from a member of the Cuda-Challenger site?
This is a pic, he took a couple of years ago, that I saved on my computer.

index - Kopia.jpg

A friend is looking for a 68 notchback if you know of one close to Iowa.
toolmanmike

woowwwooooo ... how cool is that... yeah this black early b´cuda rocks:-D

espec.... as it looks like a twin of mine...

(the engine bay would need some add. detail work - as you can see on the wiring.... but i will fix it, when i know everything works the way i expected)

Kofferraum Barracuda 007.jpg

Kofferraum Barracuda 006.jpg

Good show guys, we need more participation. I know we're out numbered but the 340 guys are allready at 17 posts with 160 lookers. Mike
Ps not my engine.

No pics yet to show, but this is a great idea. Looking for a parts list from you 273 guys that have built a performance 273. That's my winter project. Replacing a very tired /6.

Here's my '64 Barracuda. It's originally a 2bbl 273 car. The previous owner had a '65 Formula S parts car so he pulled the Commando 273 out, rebuilt it and put in the '64. I do have the original engine for the car.

IM000173.JPG

IM000681.JPG

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! toolmanmike

Hey Old School, it looks like your sweet 65 has the HP exhaust on it. How does it sound? Any photos or videos? toolmanmike

Here are a pair of 66s I restored. The white 270 is a 273 2bbl, 3-on-the-tree car. Only options on it were radio and white walls. The silver (A4) / green looking GT is a well optioned 273 4bbl car built on Aug 25, 1965. Had disk brakes, w/o power and a dealer installed AM/FM radio.

66 Dart GT 001.jpg

66Dart Before.jpg

270_DART.JPG

Good show guys, we need more participation. I know we're out numbered but the 340 guys are allready at 17 posts with 160 lookers. Mike
Ps not my engine.

I didn't intend for it to be a competition.

I guess it doesn't matter for me, cause I am in all 4 posts with different cars :cheers:

Phil

72Demon. Is the silver car a ZZ-1 paint code? (Gold Poly Metallic) toolmanmike

Hey toolmanmike. The exhaust on my Valiant is the factory hi-po setup. It is the complete setup from accurate exhaust. Great product, fit perfect. Really throaty at idle & just loud enough to get attention when you romp on her. It sounds almost identical to my 98 Dakota R/T with dynomax cat back system.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like a "must have"
Mr Tires, It's all for fun!!! toolmanmike

-
Back