The $500 1969 more door Valiant

-

Rockerdude

Rock n' Roll and A-bodies
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Decided to move the progress of my 69 Valiant 100 four door sedan over here. I found the car locally on craigslist for $675, apparently it failed emissions last year because the carburetor was in bad shape as well as a couple brittle vacuum lines. On the phone the guy said $500 is what he would get as a tax wright off if he was to just donate it. $500 and a hand shake later, I drove the thing home. So far Ive cleaned and scrubbed the trunk, got a battery from a friend, swapped the carburetor for one in better shape, put the factory air cleaner back on, gave the car a well needed bath, and began to use a buffer on the very dull tan paint.

Overall the car is in pretty decent shape but could use a few upgrades here and there. The goal of this car is to have a decent reliable car for very cheap (as close to under $1000 as possible) and fix it up to clean original looking status.

Here are a few pictures after I got the car home, then after the car had a bath. After that is the groovy interior (poker anyone?). Next is the trunk after I cleaned and painted a 14 inch spare I had.

Attachments

• IMAG0495.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 380
  • IMAG0506.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 379
  • IMAG0505.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 389
  • IMAG0504.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 395
  • IMAG0502.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 388
  • IMAG0500.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 384
  • IMAG0499.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 363
  • IMAG0498.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 396
  • IMAG0497.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 388
  • IMAG0496.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 379
A couple more pictures to bring everyone up to date. The "Redpleg" plate came from the 66 Valiant my parents had when I was 2 or 3 years old, me being of Irish descent (somewhere in my family tree), it makes sense.

Attachments

• IMAG0511.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 377
  • IMAG0509.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 355
  • IMAG0508.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 396
  • IMAG0507.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 367
Been working on the Valiant the past couple days, cleaned and painted the engine bay and going to paint the engine also. Found out the exhaust manifold is broken in half and needs replaced.

Attachments

• IMAG0524.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 324
  • IMAG0520.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 306
  • IMAG0522.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 308
  • IMAG0518.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 322
  • IMAG0517.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 326
  • IMAG0516.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 321
  • IMAG0513.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 343
broken exh mani... wonder why it didnt pass the emmissions test. man you are moving along on this car already

Hey Adam, do you need an exhaust manifold? If so, PM me, I have one i'll sell ya :glasses7:

Nice work, looks like fun, love doing the little stuff like that!

That front bench is just crazy lol. Love what you're doing. I've stuck with the slant on my 69 valiant and love driving everyday.

Rani likey this car .........you got the year thing right :D you cant go wrong with anything 67-72. they made everything so good looking in that year range.

Rani likey this car .........you got the year thing right :D you cant go wrong with anything 67-72. they made everything so good looking in that year range.

Can't go wrong with early-A's either Rani.............

Hey Adam, did you know that those front turn signal lenses and housings in the grille are the very same ones they used on the 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona? :glasses7:

Hard to find also, people who sell them ask Daytona prices for them.....

i thought of this car all day today .....someone showed me a 71 today and offered to sell it to me ........similar price as what you have into yours and similar condition ...but this one is more sun baked bcoz its been parked behind a garage for a loooooong time ......and its a 71 ....the guy thinks its a 318 but i need to go look at it closer, there is a bunch of stuff around it so its hard to get to it plus im afraid of running into a snake :laughing: ...so im going to let them get it out with a tractor before i see it better ....but i was thinking of this thread the whole i was looking at it from the road near it.

I gotta exhaust manifold I'll give you if you pay shippin on it. You might have to remove a broke off bolt or two.

Thank you for the manifold offers everyone! I'm making a deal with someone at the moment to get a replacement.

Hey Rani, you should totally get that car your talking about. 1971 is a cool year too, and if the price is right.. Go for it.

:headbang:

A bit of an update today. The engine has color!

Attachments

• IMAG0525.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 286
Hey Adam, did you know that those front turn signal lenses and housings in the grille are the very same ones they used on the 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona? :glasses7:

Hard to find also, people who sell them ask Daytona prices for them.....

Dang, that's really cool. I had no idea. Hope mine never get damaged. Lol

Jamming out tonight to some tunes! I'll share.

[ame]http://youtu.be/-Gzwm2CnAPA[/ame]

-
Back