The 63 Valiant, Valarie

-

Rockerdude

Rock n' Roll and A-bodies
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread on the 1963 Valiant I picked up a month ago in a trade for a 318 that I had left from my Wagon. She has been parked since 1984 (last year she was registered at least) and had the windows down probably that whole time because shes filthy inside and out. I thought Valarie would be a suitable name for her, seeing that she is a Valiant.. Plans are right now to get her up and going again so that I can at least move her under her own power, and throw away the interior that I can't save. I have a couple buckets out of an 80's Mazda laying around that will work for now. Here are a few pictures of when she was sitting and when I put a set of tires that held air on her when she arrived to her new home.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 402
  • IMAG0102.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 375
  • IMAG0103.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 366
  • 019.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 337
  • 018.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 400
  • 017.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 381
  • 014.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 389
Here are a few videos that I thought were pretty neat. And check out the model's name that gets in the Valiant in video 2! Haha

:happy1:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu12mo4_6oU&feature=relmfu"]Valiant for 1963 Pt 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69ytkOUGLo"]Valiant for 1963 Pt 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGCuJAbBCEg&feature=relmfu"]Valiant for 1963 Pt 3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdiBrhxXmuE&feature=relmfu"]Valiant for 1963 Pt 4 - YouTube[/ame]

that is such an awesome car ....i love that 63 front end .....the grille is so simple yet it all works together.

Thank you Rani! :) I was actually thinking about converting it over to a 64-65 Barracuda front end, since the grille is mashed a bit and will need to be replaced anyway.

Hey guys, I was just brain storming and I think I really want to convert the front of my car to that of a 64-5 Barracuda. Could anyone do me a HUGE favor and do a photoshop of a Valiant like the one here with the barracuda front end like the one pictured? I plan on repainting the car white with red interior, just as original.

Attachments

• Side_Driver_1.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 326
  • 3-ExteriorLeftFront.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 320
its your car ....do want you want .....but if you put it up for a vote .......i would vote for the valiant grille IMO the valiant front end looks better than the cuda with that body .....again only my opinion .....im only saying so you can look again at the valiant front ...but if you decide to still go with cuda front end then good luck with that

It was only an idea. I haven't gotten anything for the swap yet so there is still a good chance of keeping the 63 front sheet metal. I change my mind a lot btw. Lol so just keep in mind that unless you actually see me installing it, its up in the air what will happen. I'm also planning now on adding 10lbs of boost to her slant six from a turbo setup that I still am figuring out. But who knows what the future will bring.

Congratulations :cheers:
I seen that 63 on epay, I always look for 63's in hopes of finding my old 63 signet coup I had 7 years ago :happy1:

I like the 63 front cap/grill myself :happy2:

I have a picture of the out side of it here some where :banghead:

Attachments

• 63%2520dash%2520pic%2520resized.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 288
It was only an idea. I haven't gotten anything for the swap yet so there is still a good chance of keeping the 63 front sheet metal. I change my mind a lot btw. Lol so just keep in mind that unless you actually see me installing it, its up in the air what will happen. I'm also planning now on adding 10lbs of boost to her slant six from a turbo setup that I still am figuring out. But who knows what the future will bring.

good to know im not alone ........when im in planning stages for a build .......i change my mind over and over .......i even lose sleep over it often .........there have been times i decided and went through with the build and actually wanted to change it again even after it was done ......usually once its done i dont actually change it up .....but sometimes the idea goes through my head ........LMAO its crazy sometimes .......at least now i know its not a female trait ....its a mopar trait LOL

Im more in favor of the 64-65 barracuda front end but im a bit biast as I had a 64 barracuda

That's super nice! I think a bit lower stance, some window tint, and with a nice fat tire under the back and a quiet turbo slant six under the hood would nail it :D

Heres some tunes to keep this going.. OK, I know I'm weird but this game was a piece of my childhood.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQnMMElIFh0"]Goldeneye 007 - Facility - YouTube[/ame]

That seems like a solid project. I think the 64 cuda grille would look great with rallye wheels added too.

-
Back