The 70 Duster......

-
Part 3 of Sept Trip.....

We got to do something my Dad always wanted to do. Take a restored car back to show the people that we got it from. The Charger was purchased as a parts car that turned into a project car. While we were out driving it Saturday, we took it back to the people we bought it from. To say they were shocked, would be an understatement! We put a few miles on the car. The brake lights went out on Friday night. Turned out to be a blown fuse and all was good from then on. Also was nice to have the AC Saturday driving around!!! My mom and dad really enjoyed getting the cars out and just cruising around!!

Attachments

• Charger Odometer Sept 14, 2013.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 780
  • 71 Charger Before After.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 790
Stripe kit ordered from Performance Car Grapics...
71 Duster side stripes with 340 call outs
340 WEDGE hood decal
71 Duster tail light panel decal set

Attachments

• image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 770
Ordered from Classic Industries....

K6671 67-74 MOPAR A WASHR NOZZLE KIT
MA563 67-71 A-BODY DASH RESET KNOB
MA2196 67-74 A-BODY WASHER CLEAR
MD2161 67-74 MOPAR WNDSHLD WSHR PUMP
MD2162 67-76 MOPAR WSHR PMP FLTR/GSKT
MD2163 60-76 MOPAR FW WSHR WSHR GRMMT
MA2199 67-74 A-BODY W/S WSHR HOSE SET
MN1700 62-74 BUMPER BOLTS 3/8" 16X1 (20 pcs)

just wondering, don't know if I missed it. what kind of undercoating did you use on the duster?

Larry used Lizard Skin tinted FJ5 on the bottom of the car and inside the passenger compartment. The "purist" will cringe but this car is nowhere close to stock other than color. Plus we are having this built to drive and enjoy! Since the bottom of the car was media blasted. I was planning to paint the bottom of the car black just like it was from the factory (no under coating). Then I figured I would "over restore" the car and have it body color. Then Larry and I discussed what I wanted (body color and extremely durable), Lizard Skin won. Plus it should make a great sound deadener!

Dash is coming together....

Also made a change to the Charger. I will post that pic when I go up for the car show in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 731
Wheels and tires were mounted today! We will see how close it is on the 11th and weigh the options. Charger and Dart will be there for sure!

Dart and Charger looked good at the Canyon. Bet your dad had fun. How's everything else going?

Thanks! My parents drove the Dart and my wife and I took the Charger. We all had a really good time! In fact, the family had 5 cars there. My brothers had their 09 B5 Challenger, 73 Cuda, and 73 Challenger. It was nice to have all of us together and just enjoying the day and the nice weather! Already looking forward to the next time we can all get the cars out. Hopefully my wife's Duster will be done by then! My brother sold his dirt track car and looks like we have a couple of more cars in the shop, sold. Once we get all the project cars sold off. My dad and I made some plans! More on that in the next few months!!!!!

I will post some pics later in the week when I have some time.

Chryslers in the Canyon overview. The picture was taken just before we left so some cars had already left.

Attachments

• Chryslers in the Canyon 2013.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 633
Before we got the Charger to the show. It suffered its first road rash incident. And a odometer picture to show I actually did get the Charger out and enjoy it!!!

Attachments

• Chryslers in the Canyon 2013 038.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 644
  • Chryslers in the Canyon 2013 040.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 629
Made a quick trip up to check on the Duster. It is almost done. Actually just a couple of weeks from what it appears! Also managed to drive the Dart around a little on Friday. My parents and I took it to eat lunch and then to visit my former auto shop teacher (which is now in his late 70's). After that we stopped at the parts store and picked up a few things. We got headlight changed in the Charger, the reverse light that was out got a new bulb and then 2 of the marker lights were not working. So those got fixed. Then we changed the fuel pump on the Dart, cleaned the windows and got some over spray the glass where the car was not covered good when it was at the paint shop. Also worked out to where I sold the last of the "good" cars that we had to sale. Now we are just down to 3-4 cars that will likely go to the salvage yard for scrap. Anyway, here are the updated pics of the Duster project. The car was covered up for some repairs on the drivers side so I could not get any full shots.

Attachments

• 70 Duster Nov 15 2013.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 566
  • 70 Duster Int Nov 15, 2013.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 574
  • 70 Duster Grille Nov 15, 2013.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 583
Thanks to jdr2483 for some updated pics!!! ALMOST DONE!!!!!

Attachments

• 70 Duster FJ5 Dr Side Nov 26, 2013 .jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 539
  • 70 Duster FJ5 Front Nov 26, 2013.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 553
  • 70 Duster FJ5 Back Pass Side Nov 26, 2013.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 534
  • 70 Duster FJ5 Pass Front Nov 26, 2013.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 565
  • 70 Duster FJ5 Int Nov 26, 2013.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 558
The Duster is now insured by Hagerty. One step closer to the road!!!!

Attachments

• 70 Duster FJ5 Dec 3 2013 .jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 461
-
Back