The 70 Duster......

-
Hood decal is in place. Just waiting for it to cure. Also went to the DMV and got the tags for it!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 842
Pics from Friday morning. These were before the hood decal was applied. The car is looking pretty good and hope to have it on the road in a couple of weeks!!!!!

Attachments

• Duster Dec 2013 Dr Front.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 786
  • Duster Dec 2013 Dr Rear.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 774
  • Duster Dec 2013 Gauges.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 781
  • Duster Dec 2013 Int.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 781
  • Duster Dec 2013 Pass Int.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 774
  • Duster Dec 2013 Dash.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 775
  • Duster Dec 2013 Cluster.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 774
Duster was moved back to the machine shop to fire it up. First time outside since being painted.....(thanks to jdr2483 for the pic)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 789
Looks Great! Are you going to drive it back to D/FW or trailer it?

We are going to drive it around Amarillo a few times and work out the bugs. There are a few detail things I want to get corrected before we bring it to Fort Worth. When the time comes we will likely trailer it down.

Got word the Duster was fired up today! It took longer than expected because there were a few things that needed attention. Anyway they fired it this morning. It has now been picked up and is safely tucked back in my dads shop awaiting a front end alignment. Hopefully that will be done either Friday or Monday next week. If things go well, I plan to have some "first drive" pics in the near future.

Apparently someone is at my dads shop! Lol. I have no idea who is sending me the pic. But......

Pic was sent from a friend of my parents. They had all gone out to dinner for NYE and stopped by the shop. So they texted me the pic. Kinda strange to get a text pic of the car from a phone number that you don't recognize.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 738
Congratulations !
I´d never seen this point when I give my first reply to your thread !

Greetings from Leipzig, Germany

Peter

My Duster ( after 20 month since parting out ) :

Attachments

• duster-2013.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 685
The Duster is finally ready to be picked up from the machine shop! They have been going over a few things and getting the EFI tuned in! From what the guys at the machine shop say, the MSD Atomic system is working great! My dad is going to pick up the Duster tomorrow and take it back to his shop! I just wish I could be there to see the smile on his face!

SWEEET-I haven't looked at your thread lately, this was a welcome surprise to see it completed!

The Duster is finally ready to be picked up from the machine shop! They have been going over a few things and getting the EFI tuned in! From what the guys at the machine shop say, the MSD Atomic system is working great! My dad is going to pick up the Duster tomorrow and take it back to his shop! I just wish I could be there to see the smile on his face!

Aren't you glad you stuck it out and got it finished instead of starting over with different body?

I've always liked the 70' Dusters. Car looks great.

Yes I am glad to see it through. However it would have been worth the extra effort to use a real 340 car instead. However my wife is really glad to have her car done and to know what it came from!

Thanks for all the compliments! Just glad to have all the roller coaster issues in the rear view and focus on enjoying the 3 cars now!!! Just need to clear out the parts cars behind the shop and decide what to do with the 71 Satellite and 73 Barracuda.

Working on getting some progress pictures, from over the years, organized. It looks like it is going to take a while....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 546
All three books are up to date! I picked out the two books for the Charger and Dart. My wife picked out the book for her Duster. She liked the white/black leather book because she said it resembled a 70's high school year book! I have to agree I think it does look retro!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 533
Did you get the Duster to the final home? Looks like the weather has not been cooperating. Hasn't here, that's for sure.

It is now at my dads shop. It will be staying there for a few more weeks. Then may bring the Charger or Duster down for the Good Guys show.

My brother just sent this picture. My dad sitting behind the wheel after all the ups and downs and years of the rebuild issues!

: priceless :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 590
Man that car is beautiful, great job!!!! I looked at your build thread for the first time tonight and I went from the first page to this page, the progress is outstanding!!! Great job and congrats on an awesome finished product:)

Thanks! It was my Dad and brother (jdr2483) that got me into Mopars. Dad had a couple of 70 Chargers (and many other Mopars) and my brother had a black 68 Charger, purple 70 Challenger and 69 Coronet R/T. Even our mom had a 71 Satellite Sebring Plus that they bought new in 71. My half brothers still have Mopars also (Chargers, Barracudas, a Challenger and several Ram trucks). So even though I no longer live near them, it gives a common interest that keeps us all in touch.

I got a PM asking me what I was going to start on next. Well, considering I got back into Mopars in 2004 as something that my Dad always said he wanted to do when he retired. And we have driven the cars very little. In fact probably less than 200 miles between all the cars. I plan to drive and enjoy the cars! I still have a few parts cars behind the shop to sell off. Then decide what to do with the 73 Barracuda project and all original, low mileage 71 Satellite Sebring Plus. By then I hope to have quite a few miles on the Charger, Dart and Duster. No telling what I will do then!

Anyway, again thanks for the compliments! Should have some group Mopar pics of the cars all together in the next month or two when the weather clears up!

I made a trip up to see the Duster. It looks pretty good, but sounds GREAT!!!! It really needs to sit out in the sun and let all the interior smooth out. The seats do not look so good but I think they will look better after they heat up a few times. I bought all the detail decals for under the hood (air cleaner, core support, brake booster and engine ID), but can not decide if I should put them on or not. Same for the jack instructions and tire pressure decals. It really is not even close to stock so I am not sure if putting the decals on would be a mixed message.

Attachments

• 70 Duster Engine Feb 19, 2014.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 453
And I polished up the Dart a little. The car was painted back in 2004-05. After spraying the car, the shop was needing room in their shop so we picked it up. They told us, "when we get room in the shop bring it back over and we will sand and polish it out and spray the inside of the trunk". After a few months (which my dad spent bolting the car back together), I started asking the shop when they wanted the car back to finish it. Well it never happened. So I decided it was time to either mess it up or make it look better, myself! With a few more trips and plenty of elbow grease, I think it will look a little better. It is a SLOW process when you have no idea what your doing!

Attachments

• 71 Dart Paint Before Clay Feb 17, 2014.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 426
  • 71Dart paint before clay Feb 17, 2014.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 421
  • 71Dart Paint After Clay Feb 17, 2014.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 410
-
Back