The 71 and 72 340 Swingers that never were! (or were they?)

-
I heard/read about these Specials years ago but there was quite a bit more info in this article I want aware of. Thnx for posting.

Btw: Looks like we have a celebrity/authority of these cars here on FABO.

Good find! I love those vintage ads.
newspaper%2Bad%2BSwinger%2BSpec.JPG

Thank you tool man.I have seen this and one in person. When I read this my thought was EXPORT cars.Remember when the 2000 something Magnum Dodge wagons came out ? I shipped my Dart from Nevada to Pennsylvania per Reliable Carriers. I was flying so I was there when the car was delivered.In the same trailer were 2 special ordered Chrysler 300 wagons that were on the way to Boston Harbor and were sent to Brazil.Driver said"Bet you'll never see these again".On the widow sticker was "Export Only".

Thats pretty cool stuff! There is a local guy,person I know. He inhereited a 73 Dart sport in petty blue with a 340 from his Dad,could this be one of thos Saskatchewan casrs?

Thats pretty cool stuff! There is a local guy,person I know. He inhereited a 73 Dart sport in petty blue with a 340 from his Dad,could this be one of thos Saskatchewan casrs?

These special order cars were Swingers only needsaresto and just the two years 71 and 72, if you see a 71 Swinger 340 Special and it has a white interior that would be a Saskatchewan car since they were the only batch that came with white interior.

I own the exact car in that picture, plus 2 other '71's and a '72. There is a registry for them.
S/N for the '71's start with LL23H1R. 1972 is LL23H2R. As far as I know the numbers after that are all sequential to the series. Including myself, I believe there are 6 members on here that own at least one year or the other on here as well.

They are pretty well documented. There is a blue 1971 here in Saskatchewan that is pretty much a basket case the 340 is long gone Kim

Yes, the ads were still great back then. $93/month? Sh*t ... I'll take one in each color! ;)

Looks good now. In '71 minimum wage was $1.60 an hour, so $93 a month was a stretch for a lot of us. I bought my '72 Duster new, and had enough down payment to get monthly down to $67. That and insurance took a week and a half's pay.

Looks good now. In '71 minimum wage was $1.60 an hour, so $93 a month was a stretch for a lot of us. I bought my '72 Duster new, and had enough down payment to get monthly down to $67. That and insurance took a week and a half's pay.

I know that it is all relative. Just having a little fun with the ad.

-
Back