the best bang for the buck 408 stroker kit?

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hello im looking to build a 408 but was wondering what is avalible? what kits are good, better, best, most complete exc. are there any pointers or things to look out for? also how streetable are they? thanks for any info.

Talk to the guys at Huges Engines. They're the best on mopar small block buildups.

Everybody has kits. How good depends on how picky your engine builder is, and what you need it to do. If cheap and low rpm (under 5500) is the goal, a kit may not be the cheapest way to go. If ease and high power is the goal, there are a bunch of kits that will do fine. Any small block with a 4" stroke is a street killer when built right. I've put my own packages together, used Manicini Racing's kits, and used Flatlanderracing's kits. You need to be careful what you order depending on what crank you use. Costs are from $1400 or so on up, and kit parts (brands) will vary.

Talk to the guys at Huges Engines. They're the best on mopar small block buildups.

Thats a matter of opinion...as far as building a stroker or any engine find a good reliable builder,and ask for their advise when i built mine 2 years ago i consulted Chuck @ Best Machine for ideas on which route to go,everything he suggested worked out great,and he built the Edelbrock heads for my stroker,all the machine work was done by one of the best around here(not cheap either),and assembly was done by a very trustworthy assembler..results one very fast and reliable street/strip car..:):):)

-
Back