The best dirt track racing at Fairbury, IL

-

Krooser

Building Chinese Free Engines since 1959...
Reaction score
Tonight is the 30th annual Prairie Dirt Classic at Fairybury American Legion Speedway in Illinois.

I watched my first dirt track race their in 1956 at age 7... wnet with my nephews. My brother was a cash crop farmer and did custom harvesting out of Chatsworth. Drove over in my brothers '54 Olds.

This video is from 2015. 15 minutes but it tells the story of the track, the town and the racers. Great 1/4 mile track with unequalled action.

I went back in 2016 to celebrate the 60th anniversary of seeing my first race. Met the same three nephews that I went with in 1956.

Those guys are there tonite. I'm at home thinking about them.

Take a few minutes to watch...

My wife and I are going to the dirt track tonight here locally. It sprinkled all morning and should be getting sunny this afternoon so the track should be good and sticky. AKA fast....

I Love some good dirt track stock car racing where you can still bump n rub! 65'

Eventually I'll have my latest project on the track...next season for sure. Even doing on the cheap is pricey but I'll spend 1/10 of what most guys spend... can't write the check if you don't have the $$$.

It will be the only Mopar within 200 miles...afaik.

IMG_20190727_202128.jpg
now...

My first dirt car was a 79 volare. Raced dirt for 16 years. Stock cars, modifieds, and lat models. Loved evry minute of it.

-
Back