The "BIG" Chair.

-

jaimus

Old School ASE Gold
Reaction score
Well folks, It finally happened,...

After 37 years of membership in the Lyme Volunteer Fire Company, The membership has elected me as "The Chief",...

Whoa, It's still sinkin in...

I've been hangin around the Hadlyme station since I was 10 with my Dad and Uncles,...My grandfather was also an officer in the department, and my Gramdma's brother was one of the first chiefs and a charter member,...I was officially voted in as a member at 16 in April 1978. I've held every line officer position in the department starting in 1988 when I returned from my service in the US Navy

I am truly flattered and honored to be elected as the leader of this organization, I gots some big shoes to fill from my predessessors,....but I have a good crew of officers, staff and members, plus the blessing of my wife.... I never set out to be the boss, I just liked doin it...

So now the Cherokee gets a siren, and I get a dozen phone calls a day,...but I'm still a bit thrown off by everyone calling me "sir" or "Chief",

Check out our website down below, It's even updated already,...

Wish me luck, maybe if I do good they'll reelect me next year...

Congrats are definitely in order !! Thanks for your service !!

Congratulations, Chief. Just helping you get used to hearing it. Seriously that is a title only for someone held in the great esteem.

Congratulations on the appointment. That says a lot about your social and work related character. It's good to be the.............Chief! :D

Chief is better than boss. Boss spelled backwards is double s-o-b!
Congratulations Chief. Cool website also.
C

Thanks guys, I just got back from Tuesday night training, ...the best part of bein in a small town is that all the men and women still treat me the same, we still bust each others chops, and all pitch in to get the chores done.

No pics of the Jeep cause my old PC crashed hard and I lost all my pics....but I'm sure they're are 1 or 2 in some old posts.

I was wondering what my first "Bad" call was gonna be as the Chief,....We only do about a hundred calls a year, but when we get em, they're usually in the news. We don't get called for fender benders out here.

Had my first "Bad" call this last week,... a drowning,...What a **** show.,...4 days before Christmas,... We did what we could for the family, but the incident was over before we got called.

There by the grace of god it wasn't me or one of mine.

I was wondering what my first "Bad" call was gonna be as the Chief,....We only do about a hundred calls a year, but when we get em, they're usually in the news. We don't get called for fender benders out here.

Had my first "Bad" call this last week,... a drowning,...What a **** show.,...4 days before Christmas,... We did what we could for the family, but the incident was over before we got called.

There by the grace of god it wasn't me or one of mine.

I give all first responders a lot of credit for what you do! Terrible things you guys see sometimes.

Thank you!!

Whoa..., and Congrats, Jaimus... Damn ,that's a lot of responsabiltiy.., Go get it...

Thanks again guys, I'm comin up on my 2nd election, they all want me to stay on for another term, Sorry I haven't been on much lately, I do 2 or 3 meetings a week, plus the calls, check the mail, ....gotta a new Firetruck comin, been workin on that for 2 years and were about ready to order, 300 hundred days to build,.....redid the website,.... ....not enough time in the day...

-
Back