The bottle question

-

bamamopar

Reaction score
I'm running a 10 to 1 360 with forged pistons. Stock crank, small cam in my dart. I was thinking about a small shot of nitrous. Would it hurt the car? It's my warm sunny day driver.

Easy.

Good fuel pressure/supply, pull some timing, jet it correct, piece of cake.

Nitrous is like crack...... Once you are hooked, you are always looking for more, lol.
100 hp is just over 10 hp per cylinder. You will be fine IF you set it up properly.

you will start out at 100 hp then want to go to 150 and so on. At Least thats what happened on my truck. Set the fuel up right, the right jetting, air fuel gauge, timing correct and you should be good to go. I say start small like a 25 shot get everything worked out there, then go to 50 shot, 75 and finally 100. I would at least run a good head gasket and some good head bolts as well.

Take the time to read the instructions and properly set the system up from beginning to end. Think before you push the button. Make sure your jetted right for what your doing.
You'll be fine.

If I ran nitrous i,d have to have a seperate fuel pump with a low pressure cut off switch to disarm the spray if it went lean. But i,m cautious.

If I ran nitrous i,d have to have a seperate fuel pump with a low pressure cut off switch to disarm the spray if it went lean. But i,m cautious.
I talked to a guy that said zex makes a system that will cut the spray off without fuel pressure. I have to look into it. I'm very cautious with this car.

To do a nitrous system properly, you need either one big fuel pump to do it all or 2 smaller ones, one for the carb and one for the nitrous system. The last thing you want is a lean condition. I had an edelbrock RPM performer nitous kit, and actually got 1.5 second gain from the 150 shot.

On motor my car 11.72, on the 150 shot it ran 10.23. Then 9.92 on the 250 shot.

I was fat on the fuel pressure and timing , i set it up as per Edelbrock. at that time. They do that for safety. I got best results with the fuel pressure on the nitrous fuel solenoid set to 6.25 psi. and i think i pulled out 8 and 12 degrees timing respectivly. I had a Crane didgital 6 hi 6 ignition with a timing retard box in the car so i could leave the distributor alone and drop timing with a micro switch on the carb.

Fat is worse than lean on juice...

Fuel jet same size as juice jet is REALLY fat.

-
Back