The boy wants to go faster !

-

383man

Reaction score
Ron Jr has been talking about building his 400 in his Dart into a stroker in the future. We talked about working with the 400 combo trying to get it in the low 11's and still be very streetable to drive anywhere. But we were going to wait a few years. He tells me the other day that he is already saving his money and wants us to build the stroker after this summer. He wants to have a pump gas street car driver and run mid 10's ! Damn kid thinks like his old man. Or I think he sees me with my 63 almost done and wants to make sure the Dart will be faster. Oh well I think it will be alot of fun trying to put it in the 10's on pump and still be a driver. Ron

Right on...At least he's doing something with dad. Just say YES, what the hell :munky2: :thumblef:

A stroker kit would certianly knock a few 10ths off his time at least, maybe if his bottom end is sturdy enough he could go with a procharger supercharger set up with maybe 6-7 psi ?

Na no power adders for us. We like to do it natuarlly. LoL ! Our plans were to go with a stroker kit and get around 470 to 490 cubes. I will do some serious port work on the Eddy's at the same time and we will also change the cam and probably the intake and carb setup. And the convertor will be upgraded too. Actually we may try a Victor intake on this eng just to see what happens as we plan to use the Victor on the stroker anyway when we build it. I gotta admit its alot of fun having the kids into the cars also. I get to build cool fast street cars with their money ! Ron

-
Back