The Bullying Experiment

-
^

Pick your battles.

"Jumping in" can end ugly if you're not careful. When people are angry, the chemical levels in their blood won't allow them to process things logically.

If you go in knowing that they are in think-fast mode, you'll be better off. I've mediated a lot of fights. Broken up guys as big as and heavier than me (I'm 6'5", 210) and the best advice I can give anyone is to always go for the option to diffuse.

Sometimes the way to do that is to pop off, but it depends on the level of aggression/ violence you're dealing with.

The last situation I was involved with, ended up with a police report at 4am and a girl's Dodge Caliber interior, decorated with her skull, courtesy of Desert Eagle.

The most intelligent thing that anybody has ever told me, regarding violence, was the homicide detective I spoke with. He said "You can be as prepared as possible, but all you can do is act in the best manner you can, at the time, when everything goes down."

I'll continue trying to help people, whenever I see something go down, but it's always a good idea to diffuse as much as possible, going in, before a fight or flight situation.

if it weren't for me being bullied as a kid I never would have learned to stand up for myself. Not that I condone bullying. But I think it is a natural part of growing up.

My 7 year old daughter was being bullied at school.....many times we went to the Principal about it.....same old, same old.....nothing really happened......so the wife gave the bullies an ear full ( no physical contact)......next thing, the Principal is pushing for Legal action against my wife.....WTF???.
I have now instructed my daughter to punch them in the nose and make it bleed.....same as my ol' man told me.

Jumping in doesnt always work...I was in a bar a long time ago,(I dont go anymore, to many a--holes there) A guy was slapping a women around and swearing at her. He was a skin head biker looking dude but I said don't touch her again..And you know what happened?? The woman slapped me across the face and told me to mind my own business..I said to her you deserved to be smacked around...They both left after that...Maybe it was foreplay for them..LOL...I now access the situation then try to defuse it...Bill

-
Back