The cars that made America

-

65-440

Reaction score
Anyone else watching this 3 part series on the history channel ? What an awesome show, lots of stuff I had no clue about. Very informative. If you're not watching, I highly recommend finding it and catching up !

Quite dissapointed in episode 3.
Totally biased towards Fords, and GM.
No discussion as to Chrysler cars of the later 50's, 1960's, and early 1970's.
Everything about the GTO, 55 Chevy, 65 Mustang, and nothing what Ma Mopar produced during that era.

Quite dissapointed in episode 3.
Totally biased towards Fords, and GM.
No discussion as to Chrysler cars of the later 50's, 1960's, and early 1970's.
Everything about the GTO, 55 Chevy, 65 Mustang, and nothing what Ma Mopar produced during that era.

Yep, I was looking forward to last night's episode covering the 60's HP wars, not even a mention of the great Mopars of that era, all Ford and Chevy.

I've seen parts 1 & 2 but missed part 3. I'll have to catch it later. Henry Ford may have been a little different, but you can't deny the genius he was or the empire he built. He wasn't that far off on his fighting of unions, Delta air lines fought off unions but they had a brilliant plan. When Eastern or Northwest or? went on strike for whatever (usually wage increases), Delta employees kept right on working, making a pay check knowing that whatever the strikers settled for, they would get the same plus a little more.

Thats because they have to mention ford and chevy, everyone knows who won the hp wars and still doing it, Ma Mopar, its the everyone knows just no one wants to admit, especially the other brands lol

I haven't seen 3 yet, but have enjoyed 1 and 2. Very interesting. Ford had some great ideas but didn't know he was such an ***!

I've read two Lee Iacocca Autobiography, I haven't seen part three either so I don't know if the show covers any of the history of Henry Ford II, But that guy was a friken idiot! He was responsible for getting rid of his Grand Father Henry Ford. Lee Iacocca said that as much of a genius Henry Ford was, Henry Ford II was as big of an idiot! He goes on to say the only reason he didn't bankrupt Ford was because of its size and worth. This was a quote by Ford II. Famously, Ford II’s explanation for firing Iacocca was that “Sometimes you don’t like someone!”

Whats happenin Eric. Hope all is well.
Saw first two episodes and really enjoyed. Hoping to use my on demand to catch episode 3.

Whats happenin Eric. Hope all is well.
Saw first two episodes and really enjoyed. Hoping to use my on demand to catch episode 3.
Bruce ! What's up buddy ! Long time no see, everything's going good over here. Hope all is well with you as well ....

Interesting show. I like it but it's the cliff notes version.
Henry Ford success was most impressive but like Steve Jobs not a saint. Henry II had a tough task of getting rid of Bennett.
The early era of the automobile is pretty fascinating.

What wasn't mentioned was that the Mustang was based off of Ferraris. Henry Ford tried to buy Ferrari and they were close to making a deal but it fell apart because Enzo F. wanted to continue in Grand Prix racing & Mr. Ford didn't care about that. Lots of animosity when the deal was not finished. So a new Falcon version got a long hood short trunk "Ferrari" look and a horse emblem like the Ferrari logo.

-
Back