The Columbus Nationals ?

-

1sttvbn

Reaction score
Does anyone go to the Nationals in Columbus Ohio anymore? I believe it is this weekend, as it was always the second weekend of August. I stopped going in 2019 after my best friend, and Mopar head (like me) died from cancer. I know the Carlisle show has pretty much transplanted it over the last decade. Was just curious if anyone still makes the annual trip. I know my buddy, and I never missed from 1988-2014. Now his sister is selling off his unfinished Roadrunner...Sad times.

We're here now, was a beautiful day yesterday. Supposed to be the same today. Tons of cars here, never seen so many at the car coral, tho prices are steep. Swap area full. Some good buys and great people.

Was there yesterday - best weather I can recall after 20+ years! Lots of cars, not terribly crowded, a few nice cars in the corral and vendors everywhere!

Tons of cars here, never seen so many at the car coral

Lots of cars
Has the judged car count gone up any? I was always surprised to only see a few cars getting judged, in relation to the overall car count. There never were that many cars on the judged side of the track. Sad, really. I went from 2000-2013, and have a Mopar Nationals tattoo, it used to be my yearly pilgrimage to "Mecca".

Haven't been there for a few years. Age, life, and budget has gotten in the way. The crew I used to go with are all married, retired, or unemployed! LOL

Was there yesterday - best weather I can recall after 20+ years! Lots of cars, not terribly crowded, a few nice cars in the corral and vendors everywhere!
I'm glad to hear what sounds like a good report on the Nats. I too, had gone for decades - but didn't go last year on account of the COVID panic. But the last few years that I DID go, there were way more newer cars there than in the past. I figured the Nats was giving in to the newer car crowd. I can't blame them if that's where the money is. I hope to hear from others who go....and pictures.

Didn't get any pics at track but did get couple at the cruise after
20220813_215936.jpg
20220813_215938.jpg
20220813_215954.jpg
20220813_220005.jpg

Did snap this one at track, possibly the meanest looking first Gen I've seen.
Screenshot_20220813-220625_Messages.jpg

It's been a few years, considered going, but too many priorities won out this time. Hopefully there will many more, I'm going to actually plan on it for next year, let's see how that works! Lol!!!

I go every year. Mostly because its only 1 1/2 hour away.
This was the best year I've had in quite a few.
The weather was beautiful this weekend. Friday was pleasant, nice breeze and not to warm, Saturday was a little overcast, but no rain and was overall nice day.
The foot traffic in the swap area was steady, nothing like Carlisle, but for The Nats, it was on point.
I didn't get away from my space long enough to really go look at the cars, but from what I saw, there plenty of them. More this year than the past couple.
The one thing I didn't hear this year, was talk about the Nats going someplace else.
If you haven't been in the past few years, it's worth the trip back.

Any of you see a pair of these scoops laying around in the swap meet?

I've considered going out to the nats but have not made the trip.
What is the size comparison this year to carlisle in the swap meet?

20200301_123526.jpg

20200301_123542.jpg

IMG_8840.jpg

Any of you see a pair of these scoops laying around in the swap meet?

I've considered going out to the nats but have not made the trip.
What is the size comparison this year to carlisle in the swap meet?

View attachment 1715970281

View attachment 1715970282

View attachment 1715970283
If you can only go to or the other, Carlisle is the one to go to if.....
Carlisle is huge, very organized and you're chances of finding what you're looking for are better. The downside is you pay a premium for that. It seems things are a little more expensive.
However, when you leave the fairgrounds, that's it. Nothing more is going on.
Mopar Nats is maybe 1/4 the size of Carlisle, and finding what you're looking for can be hit or miss. (I was looking for upper door bolsters for my Duster and didn't see any and passed by dozens at Carlisle when I didn't realize I needed them)
Things seem to be cheaper. There is racing at the venue and when your done at the track, there is something going on in several places. You'll have groups of people hanging out at hotel parking lots, there is impromptu cruising on Brice Rd., in Heath and Buckeye Lake.
If you can go to both, you quickly realize they're very different animals. They both have a good vibe, just very very different.

Sounds like the rear of the mullet.
Business in the front, party in the rear.

I will have to try to make it out there. A party sounds like fun.
Carlisle has very little going on after the daily show.
Luckily the ebodies.org crew has after hour activities.

Are the nats always on the ending weekend of the Sturgis Rally? 13,14,15th?

Sounds like the rear of the mullet.
Business in the front, party in the rear.

I will have to try to make it out there. A party sounds like fun.
Carlisle has very little going on after the daily show.
Luckily the ebodies.org crew has after hour activities.

Are the nats always on the ending weekend of the Sturgis Rally? 13,14,15th?
Nats is always on the 2nd weekend of August.

It's been a few years, considered going, but too many priorities won out this time. Hopefully there will many more, I'm going to actually plan on it for next year, let's see how that works! Lol!!!
I think I'll try next year as well.

I was there Saturday and agree best weather in years. The amount of cars seemed light compared to other years. High prices on cars in the for sale corral. There is simply no comparison with Carlisle. Hands down Carlisle is THE BEST SHOW THERE IS. But I still wouldn't miss it. Here's a few pictures I shot.

IMG_2784.JPG

IMG_2787.JPG

IMG_2788.JPG

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2792.JPG

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2813.JPG

This was our first trip to the Nats since 1988. So long ago I can't really compare this year and '88 (bad memory! :(). The weather was great, lots of cars, parts, spectators and racers. Here are a few pics from Saturday.

IMG_8530.JPG

IMG_8532.JPG

IMG_8537.JPG

IMG_8540.JPG

IMG_8543.JPG

IMG_8545.JPG

IMG_8558.JPG

Here's a few more. That's me and Clayton, our local used Mopar parts/car supplier. Drove 500 miles to find parts that were only 20 miles away in Catawissa, Mo. :(

IMG_8561.JPG

IMG_8563.JPG

IMG_8565.JPG

IMG_8567.JPG

IMG_8570.JPG

IMG_8577.JPG

IMG_8580.JPG

-
Back