The cost of wheels and tires.

-
Rubber is **** these days... sucks

Not really, we just want it to do different things. If you want to run 40 year old bias ply's go right ahead, but they weren't making 200 treadwear AA traction and A temp rated tires that are rated for 168 mph for a street car back then either.

Really the problem is not putting enough miles on your car, I try to wear out my tires before they "time out".

BFG (basically friggin garbage) T/A radial car tires aren’t that great and now the prices is terrible. Why buy them?

their truck tires are fine. But did the price go crazy on them also?
413, I disagree. I have been buying tires sense the early 70's and tried about every brand out there at the time (Firestone & Dunlap) and the "TA" 50's were the best in traction, hooking up, long lasting and the best profile. Yes!!!! the cost were high, as the "E" rating I use on my truck, but they also saved my life a couple times, me doing stupid stuff. Everything is expensive now a days, but buy what you want or need once, for your car, not something that will just get you by.

413, I disagree. I have been buying tires sense the early 70's and tried about every brand out there at the time (Firestone & Dunlap) and the "TA" 50's were the best in traction, hooking up, long lasting and the best profile. Yes!!!! the cost were high, as the "E" rating I use on my truck, but they also saved my life a couple times, me doing stupid stuff. Everything is expensive now a days, but buy what you want or need once, for your car, not something that will just get you by.
Can’t compare truck tires to the car tires, different animal.
You like em? Great, have at it, I wouldn’t give ya 2cents forum

There seems to be a big difference in performance and quality between the tires offered in 15" sizes and those offered in 16-20" tire for modern cars.

I know, I know. Wish I didn’t have to buy them but they are the only company that makes a 225/60. If I determine that a 235/60 can fit or if I lengthen the lower fender braces and push the fender out I will go with Cooper Cobra’s next.
My goal was to get 235’s and 275’s but decided to err on the side of caution and get the 225’s. The price difference between the BFG’s and Cooper’s was just not about $40.
Coker has not bought, nor do they manufacture BF Goodrich tires. They only sell them under their part number.
On my 69 Dart I went with:
Ft - 235/60/15 M/T Sportsman S/T Sports Star wheel 15x7 3.5 BS
Rear - 235/60/15 M/T ET Street Sports Star wheel 15x8 4.5 BS
2020 - Price $1,500.00
Had to adjust the ft fender brace for clearance

PS...the picture was taken before I changed wheels when I purchased the car it had 17's & 18's sold them on 4-A bodies.

I have several different wheels and tire combos that I switch all around on my cars. Don't even want to know what the Weld Magnum 2.0 double beadlock wheels cost on the Challenger. The red steelies are now on the Roached Runner.

jpeg-imag.jpg

20170903_161436.jpg

New 70 Charger 4.jpg

IMG_55521.jpg

20200919_150644.jpg

Coronet pics #2 006 [640x480-2].jpg

20210530_123448.jpg

IMG951109.jpg

70RTSE1.jpg

-
Back