the Covid19 and the local liquor store

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Small town rural ish Texas. The owner listed his liquor store with the wife's r/e business way back months ago with an idiot price and would never give any profit/loss figures except some BS scribbled on a napkin! No one comes to look at it, no doubt, and today he calls her and says just take it off the market, his sales are up by 50% for the last 3 months!!!!
The area has been locked down except the liquor stores, and other "essential" businesses.
I laughed so hard to darn near pissed in my jeans!!

It aint so funny for some of us. I backspaced away a whole lot of back story.
Some people are drinking more because of home bound, aint got to drive anywhere, nothing better to do with there time. Not everyone had 2 acres to mow, etc...
Others (like me) are drinking because sure as hell cant get pain pills any more. Crown Royal from a legit' retailer costs less than loritab on the street.
I find myself in the same position my grandma was in 60 years ago. There was no fix for her pain, or another relief. I know the fix is out there for me but I can't freakin get there. I'm blessed to have a wife that will stop by the liquor store for me. Grandma paid the yellow cab drivers to bring her relief. We all play the cards we're dealt, good and bad.

Small town rural ish Texas. The owner listed his liquor store with the wife's r/e business way back months ago with an idiot price and would never give any profit/loss figures except some BS scribbled on a napkin! No one comes to look at it, no doubt, and today he calls her and says just take it off the market, his sales are up by 50% for the last 3 months!!!!
The area has been locked down except the liquor stores, and other "essential" businesses.
I laughed so hard to darn near pissed in my jeans!!

Easy way to benefit from that knowledge - invest in booze stocks. They've done pretty well in the last few months.

Doing boiler work for the local brewers taught me a few things. Back in the '08 or so recession, most said that when times are bad, sales go up.

-
Back