The dart is almost ready to tow a boat

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
1469315895_zpsvlrz5syo.jpg

Still have to wire it. Bought it on amazon for a jeep Cherokee.

Out in about...

(Canadians pronounce it "Oat in a boat"...)

I bet some of us would appreciate some photos of how this looks UNDERNEATH. I can't really tell....is that a 2" receiver?

1469533483_zpstonhhccx.jpg

1469533479_zpshrnq1lqc.jpg

2" receiver.
Had to notch one of the holes on both sides of the frame rales to fit the square plates.
13084_1024x768_e.jpg

Drilled 3 holes on either side.

Last edited:
Now I'm going to have to crawl under mine and look!!

your dart didn't come with a tow package like my duster did?

I didn't use all the mounting holes and 1/2 the hardware that came with it. The boat isn't very big though. The other thing that has me worried is the amount of crap inside the frame rail. plan on driving it around and hosing it out before taking it on any trips.

The plan is to use it to get the boat to the lake when the pickup is hauling the camper. Once there the pickup will be used to launch the boat.

Ain't happenin, no way no how. :D

My Wife asked about this before, and that is the answer she got.
I did tell her I would put one on her 72 and guess what she said? LOL

it would honestly take 5 minutes with the impact to unbolt it. snug the nuts back up when your not using it. only problem is you'd run the risk of pushing the bolts back up into the frame every time. If you could find these it might help the situation.
DSC09396.jpg

1469928447_zps2nzd1gic.jpg

Plan of attack is to use the Dart to get the boat to the camp sight. Once there use the truck to launch the boat.

I use to have a GW Invader 10" speed boat with a 40 Mercury on it. Painted Black and red like my Ragtop. I pulled it with a U-haul tow bar that mounted to the bumper. I wish I had pics but it was before cell phones. lol. I should have kept the boat . I miss it. Wow! I just found it on line as a project boat. It must be it as I gelcoated the Hull black. They came white.
https://www.letgo.com/en-us/i/1968-...wtrailer_ee915417-33ce-4019-a79b-09bd830dd8d2

-
Back