The dogs ate the instructions

-

redneckmba

Reaction score
I ordered some lighter springs for the ignition advance on my 1974 318. Fed-Ex left the envelope at the door. My yard dogs tore the package to little shreds before I got home. I did find the springs in the grass and they were not damaged.

But, I could not find part of the instructions. The part I found was for cars with the manual transmission. Does anyone know the installation instructions for the automatic transmission?

Thanks

How the hell are we supposed to know?

WHAT IS the BRAND, the PART NO and maybe a whole bunch of other info about what you ordered?

You MIGHT be able to download the destructions from their website

Otherwise, it's trial and error---this combo of springs advances "so fast", just like we've always done it

Thanks for the really helpful reply

Thanks for posting more information. If you cannot understand that the rest of us are not telepathic, I don't know what else to tell you

WHAT IS IT THAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?

That any more clear?

call the company and ask them to send you the instructions, most will. also if i were you id make sure that all the parts that were supposed to be there are, dont want to start the whole project only to find you that youre missing a piece or two aqnd have to order a new kit anyway.

Gee 67Dart273,

Having a bad day?

The guy asked a question, admittedly quite poorly, no need to jump down his throat.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I say teach the dog to read, and let him install it....LOL...WOW, 67 needs to lighten up or drink decaf...J/K

Bill S.

Tony - Thanks for the link. That helps explain what I have to do with the springs. That and the earlier advice to play around some.

Otherwise, I can't make the dog do the job. I have three yard dogs and none are admitting guilt. I should have played the security camera recording to find out who did the deed.

Carl

I agree though, if you're going to post asking for help, put some information that will help us help you. Otherwise, how is anybody supposed to just know what you're talking about? And then a smart remark after that? I'm surprised anybody even helped you. You could just google it, seeing as you already knew the name of the product you had. Just my opinion, what do I know, I'm just here

Gee 67Dart273,

Having a bad day?

The guy asked a question, admittedly quite poorly, no need to jump down his throat.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I say teach the dog to read, and let him install it....LOL...WOW, 67 needs to lighten up or drink decaf...J/K

Bill S.

I don't need to lighten up on anything. The OP after all this STILL has not posted where/ how/ from who he bought these springs, are we supposed to be consulting a palm reader?

Look I'm happy to answer his question, but there's no possible way to ANSWER his question.

Mostly, installing different advance springs is "trial and error," anyhow.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...809_distributor_setup_quick_tech/viewall.html

http://www.potentialtech.com/pmoran/dist-9-22-05.pdf

http://www.jefframin.org/library/distributorRecurving.doc

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=5420827

I tried once to tell a teacher that my dog ate my home work. Didn`t fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maybe if one can`t or doesn't under stand the question, just sit back for a few have a beer and see if some one else can. BREATH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moe

Thanks for the really helpful reply

And then a smart remark after that?

Without the ability to hear my voice when I replied, the reply could be a "smart" or a sincere reply. You had to use the context of the previous post to reach your conclusion. Enough said?

Tony - Thanks for the link. That helps explain what I have to do with the springs. That and the earlier advice to play around some.

I appreciate the "trial and error" advice. That, combined with the information that Tony provided, help me to understand how I need to proceed.

-
Back