The "dont need much" Dart

-

Scat Adams

Really doing it Harry
Reaction score
I've been restoring this '72 Dart Swinger with my father for the last 12 years. This untouched mopar has 27k original miles on a 318 and the interior is in almost perfect condition, hence the name "dont need much." Options include factory heat & ac, power steering, bench seat and drum brakes.

The car was bought brand new by my grand father's business partner in 1971 at Lenox Dodge in Atlanta, GA. His mother drove the car for a few years before it was parked in a garage South of Atlanta and hardly moved. My father and I purchased the car in 2002 with 22k miles and have been slowly restoring it since. I have all of the original paper work including build sheets, window stickers etc. The car has the original vinyl top and was repainted once in 2005.

List of whats been done so far:
New alternator
New radiator
Edelbrock dual plane intake manifold
Edelbrock Performer 4 barrel Carburetor 600 CFM
Edelbrock Pro-Flo 14” air cleaner
Moroso Perm-Align valve cover gaskets
Dual exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers and 340 chrome tips
Dorman master brake cylinder
New idle arm
Koni adjustable “red” shocks all around
14" Rally wheels
215/70/14 Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTS Tires
New trunk decal for jack instructions
New windshield wiper fluid reservoir
Bumblebee Vinyl Stripe (Not installed)

Parts and mods to come:
Gas Tank & gas tank pad
Re-chrome front and rear bumpers
Rubber trunk mat in houndstooth
Headlight conversion
Front spoiler by Randy
New tail lights
Custom floor mats
15" or 16" Mag wheels with BFG radials
Upgrade sway bars and front end bushings

photo-2.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Unknown-1_zpsbacbe84e.jpeg

Unknown_zps44694d24.jpeg

Cheers!

ummmm I would like to have that car! Very nice...and A/C too. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Very nice!
Do you really have to put the 16'' wheels on it?
It looks good as is with the rallyes that are on it now.

Very nice!
Do you really have to put the 16'' wheels on it?
It looks good as is with the rallyes that are on it now.

I honestly love the rallye's and the 15" or 16" wheels is just an idea. No wheel out there has sold me enough to make the transition.

The car was bought brand new by my grand father's business partner in 1971 at Lenox Dodge in Atlanta, GA. His mother drove the car for a few years before it was parked in a garage South of Atlanta and hardly moved. My father and I purchased the car in 2002 with 22k miles and have been slowly restoring it since. I have all of the original paper work including build sheets, window stickers etc.

With all of that in mind, I would be keeping it as original as it is, if it were me. They only made em that way once.

That is a nice looking car, I used to have one in the late 70's, wish I still had it.

With all of that in mind, I would be keeping it as original as it is, if it were me. They only made em that way once.

That is a nice looking car, I used to have one in the late 70's, wish I still had it.

Thank you sir!

The plan is to keep it mostly original, I'm sticking with the 14" rallye's and plan on upgrading the rubber soon. I have a front spoiler from Randy that will go on soon and I've yet to put the rear stripe on the back but I think those are welcome cosmetic additions. Other than those two items, the exterior will remain the same and the interior is only lacking 1 or 2 things.

Cheers!

-
Back