The EFI myth

-
@Jarlaxle
I agree. Interesting to note I have a Street Demon 750 1904 with the polymer body.
I daily drive my Duster and I've had no issues when I was driving my duster here in Utah when we had 100-102+ degree weather. I live at 4500 ft altitude and my 360 has 10.2 compression.
Much like the thermoquads the polymer bodies does helps a ton with the fuel heat issue, the airgap intake helped a bit too.
I use a 195 thermostat, and she ran in the 205-215 which is fine (my wife's 12' Tahoe runs in the 210 range as well).
The only issue I had is when I sat in traffic barely going 5-10 mph in SLC for over 45 minutes and it was 103 degrees out. She started wheezin' a bit once the temps read 235+. Luckily once I got past the heavy traffic and got some airflow the temps got back down moderately quick. That issue I believe is mainly due to not having a fan shroud.

Sounds nice !

I'm running a 572 Hemi, 880 HP / 770 TQ, dual 800 carbs, idles from a dead cold after 30 secs, 280 @ .050 roller, 15:1 idle, cruises in the high 14s, WOT mid 12s.

View attachment 1715973948

EFI is nice, but I'll stick with the carbs for now :thumbsup:
Their 550hp is from about 380ci. The Barton motor has a big cam, single-plane intake, and very poor vacuum signal, so it always ran somewhat rich at cruise. (Otherwise, it would lean out.)

What are you running now? Because this seems like exactly the thing a ThermoQuad was designed to prevent.

Also: what altitude are you at? High altitude makes all that worse.

I have had good luck on carbs (motorcycles) using StarTron and StaBil for ethanol.

Something is very wrong, because it gets REALLY humid here about 9 months of the year. I thought most of Idaho was high desert!

I'm in New England (humid) and had no heated storage.
What position is your heat riser in?

-
Back