The elusive early-A AM/FM & other stuff

-
Awesome car. Love the disguised 340. AM/FM radio looks super cool. Looks like she is getting close to being finished.Very nice work.

Oldschoolcuda

Beautiful! I am truly in awe - you have inspired me (and I am jealous as hell about your radio!). Those Doug's headers look awesome on the commando - are they equivalent to what was used for the D/Dart 275hp upgrade to the commando?

Beautiful! I am truly in awe - you have inspired me (and I am jealous as hell about your radio!). Those Doug's headers look awesome on the commando - are they equivalent to what was used for the D/Dart 275hp upgrade to the commando?

Thanks much! My understanding is the Dougs were the same as the original D-darts. I trimmed the flanges for easier spark plug access & had them coated by a local outfit.

Put on the Firm Feel Swaybar today, very nice item & fit well. Also seen are the Wilwood discs, C-body tie rods, Milodon oil pan with front corners shaved, & the 8-3/4.

swaybar.jpg

wow, that is a reference photo, shoot me a picof the driver side headers! Im putting a 273 crown on my 402 when its done, but itll be a little harder hiding the Edelbrock fuel rails and the Pro-flow EFI Manifold....

Worked on the 65 Signet today. Did final alignment of body panels & installed the dash. Thought someone might like to see the ultra-rare factory AM-FM I lucked upon a couple of years ago. I've only seen 3 of these ever & this was the best and cheapest, works as-new. Some other pics as well.<p>
am-fminstalled2.jpg

dashincar3.jpg

bodyassembledrear.jpg

engine-aircleaner.jpg

WOW!
Beautiful car, now I have to look for the other two AM/FM radios out there. Do you have any pics or the drivers side header?

thanks, Do you have any complaints about Doug's headers? The first thing that comes to me is the distance from the master cylinder, is that an issue?

thanks, Do you have any complaints about Doug's headers? The first thing that comes to me is the distance from the master cylinder, is that an issue?

No real complaints, they make the most out of the limited space. Some of the pipes are close to the paint & starter so I put some header wrap in those areas. They are close to the MC but I plan to use a shield just to make sure it stays cool.

Did you buy the AM/FM radio on ebay? I sold an NOS 1965 unit a few years back. Very nice! BTW, i have several of the correct cigarette lighters if you're looking for one.

java34@gmail.com

65172109.jpg

Did you buy the AM/FM radio on ebay? I sold an NOS 1965 unit a few years back. Very nice! BTW, i have several of the correct cigarette lighters if you're looking for one.

java34@gmail.com

The one or two I saw on ebay were really pricey. Never saw a NOS one but judging from some others I saw you should have been able to get $1k for it. Found mine in a printed ad in a little magazine called the WPC News. Actually I didn't know the cig lighter was wrong, is it supposed to have a knob like the rest of the switches? If so I'd like one if it's nice. One silly thing I need is one of the body plugs that go on the inner fender, it has a hole for the headlight wiring. Thanks!

They're 15 x 6 Chrysler, nothing real exotic. Any smaller & you'll hit the caliper.

I had to add a 3mm spacer to get my wheels to clear the SSBC kit.

Love the way that FirmFeel bar looks. Nice piece.

The one or two I saw on ebay were really pricey. Never saw a NOS one but judging from some others I saw you should have been able to get $1k for it. Found mine in a printed ad in a little magazine called the WPC News. Actually I didn't know the cig lighter was wrong, is it supposed to have a knob like the rest of the switches? If so I'd like one if it's nice. One silly thing I need is one of the body plugs that go on the inner fender, it has a hole for the headlight wiring. Thanks!

yeah, I don't remember what it went for? Anyways, I have what you're looking for...just put some small items on ebay yesterday... take a look

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/1969cudaman/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

What markings on the radio make you believe it is in fact a 65/66 "Factory" radio? The one I pulled out of my 65 was actually an Automatic Radio and according to a few guys at Carlisle this year that is what the "Factory" radio should be. Mine doesn't have the red or orange "FM" on the dial.

yeah, I don't remember what it went for? Anyways, I have what you're looking for...just put some small items on ebay yesterday... take a look

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/1969cudaman/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Thanks although other bidders usually want the parts a lot more than I do. Saw your Formula-S on ebay the other week & must say it's one of the nicest I've seen. They must have started repro-ing those blue lines recently? A buddy has an original one still in the trunk of an unrestored 66 S. Would've gone the OEM route with my Signet excepts a 273-2V is just too darn slow for my tastes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965...iewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43a05a7fd6

As far as the OEM radio question goes, the key is the mopar part #, the ones shown in the pics are right.

Sweet Ride...things are coming together quite nicely...A couple of months ago a used untested '66 Early A - AM/FM on ebag sell for $380.00. Guy should of tested it to see if it worked and probably would got close to $600.00.

ZooKypr

Yeah.....rare finding a factory 1965 AM-FM for any style Mopar body, much less the A's. But I gotta say..I have a factory AM-FM in my 67 Charger and I don't do much listening to it because the older radio technology sound and station lock keeps me retuning the darn thing. Soooo!!....I turn it off, lower the driver side window and listen to the sweet music of the 383 HP exhaust sound. The sound is great even when the cold winter air is pouring in...perfect in the spring and fall air and great in the summer.
Great radios to look at though...and congrats on the great restoration job. Beautiful car

-
Back