"The FABO A-body for Somebody" - Wanna do it again?

-

65s

Reaction score
Well the "Let's buy MeMike a car" worked! We did it!!

Who wants to do it again? Maybe an annual thing? Bi-annual?

If we created some kind of fund people could give stuff as they can or donate parts or whatever. How we decide on a recipient is a tough question, but we could figure it out, I have faith in us.

Could it work?

There's already offer of a project car if a project is the focus....I think a daily driver is a better choice though.

I think that it should only be done by a spur of the moment for someone that needs it, or only people that donate money get put into a draw and they could "win" the car...I guess I better start donateing

Phil

Well ... you all can contribute to the "Let's Buy Leanna a Bigger Damn Oven so She Can Finally Coat Our Rear Ends, Bumpers, Leaf Springs and K-Members Fund."

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I had to try. <duckin and runnin fassssssssssssst>

Fair enough, I like the spontaneous thing too.

A new oven?? The Great FABO Oven Giveaway!

I was thinking, the reason Memike was purchased that car was because it was for a good cause. I don't think we should stop at just a car.

I know this won't be the right spelling, but Grumpcreature has just had a heart attack, and who knows when he will be able to go back to work. His wife will most likely be off work for a while to. and this will be a hard time for them fisically mentally and financially. If we could nock one of those off the list, it would make it alot easier.

Maybe start a donation place for 1..2...or 3 monthes expenses.

there are other people on here that could use the money, and it would be for a great cause.

Like I said befor, I didn't help out with Memike, and I feal bad about that, but I am in way over my head right now, and the timing just wasn't right. I won't be able to help out with the next one either if it happens right away.

But if you had my vote, it would be for Grumps, (who's not agrump)

a couple grand should help them just fine. but start it befor they say they don't need it!

Phil

I agree with mrtires24.

I also think that it shouldn't be a anual thing otherwise we will have every slimeball on the interweb sending us their sobb story trying to get a car. Guys like Mikey, Marvin and Grumps are known here and we know that they are car guys like us and great guys so we have no problem with helping them out.

Besides we could all use some free powdercoating :toothy10:

How about a "buy 360scamp a loaf of bread" That way he will never have to eat another waffle burger. :) just j/k scamp. I think It would be a great idea as long as we can keep the scammers out of it.

Well ... you all can contribute to the "Let's Buy Leanna a Bigger Damn Oven so She Can Finally Coat Our Rear Ends, Bumpers, Leaf Springs and K-Members Fund."

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I had to try. <duckin and runnin fassssssssssssst>

Typical woman wanting to stand in front of an oven all day.

We need to get Grumps paypal. Didnt I hear somewhere that he was involved in cooking up Memikes deal. Anyone know the final total on that and what was donated to Marvin.

Pete, you better keep your head hidden around Leanna for a few days. LOL

The total on Marvin is still adding up. There are still 7 items from the first 2 auctions to be cleaned up and then I will have a total to date and I will be going to visit Marvin. Pics and the whole deal. LOL I was thinking I would do it on a weekend when he is home and take the Demon with the FABO stickers on it. I havn't heard anything from Ken on the overage from getting Mike an A-body, but I would think he has to wait a few days for the mail-ins to finish.

Jack

We need to get Grumps paypal. Didnt I hear somewhere that he was involved in cooking up Memikes deal. Anyone know the final total on that and what was donated to Marvin.

Yup, He made a comment on a 60's dart that we should all chip in and buy it for memeike...and presto, thats just what happend.

after all, if we all chip in when times are rough for someone, then we might be preventing them from selling a car...and that would almost be the same as buying one for them.

just a thought

Phil

Typical woman wanting to stand in front of an oven all day.

<kick>

Pete, you're always good for a laugh and a smile my friend ... it IS appreciated. You should have already figured out that I'm not "typical" by any means though. Besides, MOST women these days would rather do anything except stand in front of an oven all day (c'mon ladies -- back me up on this one LOL).

I love to do it because it allows me to hold my head up, gives me back a little of the pride that's been missing ever since Hurricane Katrina threw me a curve ball and changed my life, support myself, and turn old ugly parts into works of art that both the owner and I can be truly proud of. I very much love what I do ... I just wish I could do it more often, and you have no idea how much I despise writing all those emails that say my oven isn't big enough to coat your part. If business would ever improve such that I could pay my bills AND afford the big oven I need, it would be the best thing that could ever happen. I hate turning away business as much as ya'll hate hearing that I can't do it.

David and Mary are truly deserving and, if this next round of contributions are going anywhere, I agree that they could use the help. Who knows how long it will be before David is back on his feet? A little bit of caring goes a lonnnnnng way with this group, and they're obviously in very good hands with all of you.

As far as the free powder coating goes ........ you all know in your hearts that I try my best to treat you right and give you more than your money's worth when you hire me to work on your stuff. My comment WAS meant as a joke though, and I hope everyone realizes that. (Sometimes my depression gets the best of my lame sense of humor; I apologize if anybody got the wrong idea.) If something wonderful like that was ever to happen, be assured I'd definitely work with ya. :)

I kind of agree with Phil (mrtires24). Helping members in the spur of the moment for difficult times is up to the member and a very important thing to do. I also agree that Mike's situation was out of the ordinary as we all know and had such great cause. (I enjoyed being part of that).

There's no doubt what has happened in the past few weeks "will" pass to the "outside forum world". It will be known that this forum is outstanding and has very generous members. As stated however, there are "scammers" out there that will try anything for a fast buck.

I was in a Organization that had "membership" funds for doing different objectives (prizes, trips etc) but was very difficult to run and lots of members became upset because they felt they were putting more into it then getting out. I would only suggest that if anything like this were to happen down the road that it would be involved within the "Gold Member" status as a way of control.

My way of thinking:
Anyone can use this site and come and go as they please, however many have chosen to support it more by becoming a Gold Member. At this time I'm "not" a Gold Member and I'm "not" saying that their the only good guys here because of it. Just a way of control.
Idea..If the cost to become a Gold member was doubled (say 70.00 US).....35.00 of it would go into a separate prize fund and perhaps every year or so different draws would be made or something done.

Pete, you're always good for a laugh and a smile my friend ... it IS appreciated. You should have already figured out that I'm not "typical" by any means though. Besides, MOST women these days would rather do anything except stand in front of an oven all day (c'mon ladies -- back me up on this one LOL).

:toothy10:I knew that didnt sound right when I said it.

I just showed my fiance this and whay happend with memike, she said to give some money, SO I will start off with $20 for grump (we really shouldn't, but oh well...she said to do it). If you want I will be the fund holder this time, and you can use my paypal account ( got to build credability somewhere.) if someone else wants to collects the money, that is fine. But lets keep the donations to this post, that way his wife might not catch on right away, and can't tell us NOT to do it.

My goal. $2000, just to take the finantial burden off there mind. I will give them the first $1000 right away, then the second when it is completed. If you want me to be the money holder let me know, and I will post my email for the funds to go to.

I mean right away by once $1000 is raised I will mail them a check, then I will mail a second check onec the other $1000 is raised. does this make sence?

let me know.

Phil

I think an unofficial ,spur of the moment is the only way to go. the recipent has to be selected first or you will have every scammer in the world in here making up stories. also we can each chose the ones we desire to help out . we all have different reasons and feelings for doing these things. I also think it should be a member that has been here for some time.

I kind of agree with Phil (mrtires24). Helping members in the spur of the moment for difficult times is up to the member and a very important thing to do. I also agree that Mike's situation was out of the ordinary as we all know and had such great cause. (I enjoyed being part of that).

There's no doubt what has happened in the past few weeks "will" pass to the "outside forum world". It will be known that this forum is outstanding and has very generous members. As stated however, there are "scammers" out there that will try anything for a fast buck.(quoting 68signetv8

I think 68signet hit it right here, and I think honestly the buy a car for a deserving member was a one shot deal, Mike's situation being as unique as MeMike himself (I mean that in the nicest of ways by the way Mike!). Helping out people known to FABO like Marvin and now David and Mary on a spur of the moment with some financial and moral support is the way to go. Just my .02 worth.

Well, I am going to be away from the computer all day today, so If everyone wants to start to donate for Grump ( dave ) and help him and his family while he recovers from his heart attack that would be great.

I know this is right after we did the last one, but spur of the moment doesn't have to be a time period apart from one another. If there is a need...then lets do it.

I see a need for this one ( posiibly more of a need). so if people are in for it great. Like I said, my fiance told me to start it with $20, so if anyone else wants to pitch in just post below, and I will put up my email address for paypal later today.

we have had 5 different people think that starting a fund for Dave is a good idea, so lets get the show on the rd guys!

Totoal balance $20. who's with me?

Phil

-
Back