"The FABO A-body for Somebody" - Wanna do it again?

-
If I come back this evening, and there are a handfull of guys willing to donate, I will then post my paypal account.

Phil

One doesn't need to come on and say i need money. This should be one of us that knows of a need and then post as a need. Then we should all fall in and help out. Right now money is tight for me. After all i just dropped $1500 on the 440 six pak motor rebuild as a partial payment and then the tranny for $536 and that's not to mention the Max wedge heads for $1700 and the dual quad intake with carbs for $2500. The correct dog dish poverty caps arrived and now waiting on the front bumper so as you can see money is tight. I've done the Marvin fund and now Dave......... I'm in for $20. I don't do paypal so give me an address. That 70 R/T is sweet.

Since I missed the Memike car donation I am in for 40$ pm me with the paypal account. I'm not sure but with all the scammers out there is it wise to post the paypal account on the forum? I have seen scammers set up accounts with the intentions of redirecting to their site to collect eveyones money......not sure if they can do that but, It"s never wrong to be too safe. I would hate to see this money fall in the wrong hands.

I didn't think about mailing checks. The problem with that is because I live in canada, our stupid banks can't agree on what they except, and what they don't except, so If someone south of the boarder wants to step up and collect checks thats fine with me, it would make sence for them to accept paypal too. But If you want me to collect it all ( including checks) thats fine too

What do you think small block. I do it, Or someone else? Your call.

Phil

PS, I am helping my mom move next thursday across the province, so if I do it, I won't be on the computer for about 3 days. just a note so you all don't think I ran off with the money.

Ok, screw it, I'll just start collecting, and if someone wants to collect checks great.

Send paypal donations for Dave and family to

[email protected]

the account is bone dry, so once I have the money there, I will know it is all his. Thats the reason I didn't donate for memike. cause I had none. But I'm in for $20 to dave.

Thanks guys. I'll start another thread.

Phil

I've read all this and must agree, spontaneous spur of the moment giving is the best way and the car we gave MeMike was a one shot deal. Maybe it'll happen again, maybe not...but I no longer want any official thing.

I started a specific thread for Dave, so those interested in suporting them can go there. I have seen people helping people out on this site more than just once. I think if there is a need, then just do it. I think dave and fis family do need some suport here.

look under general discussion, for , we are doing it again...who's in???

or click here. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=38456

I know not everyone can donate everytime, but take memikes senario out of what has happend in the last week or so and we all still would have ralleyd behind marvin..so lets do the same for Dave.

Phil

I tried to get an address where to send some help but just got sent to some instuction post I couldnt find.what car did ya'll get memike?and please post a list of items it needs and an actual address to send a part or two,please dont post something I can't find,I get lost easy, LOL,It must be true my girl's always tellin me where ta goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo =)

I like Jim's idea of helping a member when times get rough and may have to sell his/her car due to finances/bills. Recently I thought I was going to have to sell my baby to make ends meet but thank God an unexpected check came in and solved that situation. It's something that can happen to anybody unexpectedly such as a big hospital bill, Natural disaster, etc...

Where do we send something for Grump's fund and is it too late to pitch in on MeMike's car? Sorry if I overlooked it.

Hey guys, i posted another forum, but I didn't title it with daves name, or grump. I said we are doing it again..who's in? inder general information. unfortunatly, I have had 4 or 5 people originally think that this was a good idea, but I am the only one to donate so far. i know some people can't till later, and that is fine.

DO you think I should make another post heading donate for Dave and family?

You can make donations to my paypal account mentioned above.

Please forward this to other members, I don't think they know that I/we are trying to help out dave and Mary.

Phil

I won't speak of this any more due to the request of Dave's request.

I have sent you the money that I have collected to help you guys out. I will be depositing money in my paypal next week , and I will send you another $20. I wish I was able to colect more from other people.

Sorry it wasn't alot. I will be posting this on the other post as well so people know what has been done with the money, and that you have requested to not donate anymore.

Though, I wish people still would! there, i said it. I am done.

Take care Dave and Mary.

Phil

-
Back