The family Dart

-

Dodge65500

Reaction score
Well, after about 39 years of lusting after it, I've finally gotten the car that's been passed around the family and friends like a fruitcake. A 69 gts convertible, 383/auto. It was viewed simply as "the beast" and had an interior fire in the late 70's so it's a hodgepodge mess of a-body parts right now, but I'm going to do my best to resort it to original. 👍🏻👍🏻

very cool! as "we" all ask - got any pics? :D
Well, after about 39 years of lusting after it, I've finally gotten the car that's been passed around the family and friends like a fruitcake. A 69 gts convertible, 383/auto. It was viewed simply as "the beast" and had an interior fire in the late 70's so it's a hodgepodge mess of a-body parts right now, but I'm going to do my best to resort it to original. 👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks, guys! Haven't been on a forum in a while. As soon as I recall how to post pics I'll get some posted. It's a bucket case. I'd say basket case, but it's in buckets, lol

The fun part of the pic with the 3 cars is the coronet on the left I bought from my grandfather. The 30 Chevy panel on the right is the reason the dart was all cobbled together in the first place. My uncle was trying to get the dart together and my grandfather told him if he didn't have the dart out of the garage by the time he brought the 30 Chevy home, he was gonna junk that damn car for $25... My uncle now owns the 30... ����

Nice! I think I see your "avatar namesake" sitting next to it. I so want one of those. Good thing about the Dart, if you're familiar with A-body assembly, a quarter of the work is done for you already by being disassembled! But hopefully it was "bagged and tagged". A big block convertible A-body is pretty cool. You have a good one there!

Thanks, guys! Haven't been on a forum in a while. As soon as I recall how to post pics I'll get some posted. It's a bucket case. I'd say basket case, but it's in buckets, lol

Looks like a good start to me, just tell everyone that it's on your ''Bucket List'' to finish this one.......
It's a pretty rare car too, good luck!

Thanks! its going to be a huge, uphill battle, but not as bad as the 65, because they actually make parts for this... I think you guys will be seeing me a lot once I actually start. it doesn't even have the original vin on the dash, as its a 75 dash (what was available on short notice in '77) and so far the fender tag is MIA, but the car is literally filled with parts at random. there's a lot of 67 stuff in there, as well as one set of 67 taillights and at least 2 sets of 69 taillights... my main concern was getting it out of the frying pan so it can be saved...

-
Back