The Fast And The Cuda

-

midnight cuda

Reaction score
now that i got your attention im getting a 318 with a 3 speed tranny tomrrow the 3 speed fits my 66 cuda i just pulled one out but the 318 v8 im not sure if its going to fit i got proper brackets and mounts but am i going to need to cut and lower the k frame or any special adjustments that i should know about the car was originally a slant 6

should fit with no problem it is basicall same as 273 block. I have done early cudas this way. Had 66 w 318 auto 8.75 rear ran low 14's with mild cam and pocket ported heads w good valve job. Current 65 cuda formula s replaced 273 (not the original motor) with 318 but still small rear ran 16.0 first time at track (really ment to just be a cruiser for now). Car runs good and and fun to drive as it suprises many going down hwy....

The K members are the same on the early cars from slant to V8. You just need the right brackets and mounts. Also some slant cars came with the V8 center link...so it's entirely possible you may have that already. I had a 65 Valiant that had one.

The K members are the same on the early cars from slant to V8. You just need the right brackets and mounts. Also some slant cars came with the V8 center link...so it's entirely possible you may have that already. I had a 65 Valiant that had one.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but what V8 mounts are needed?

I don't mean to hijack this thread but what V8 mounts are needed?
Just early a body v8 mounts.Just pulled one a little while back,I think I left them on the motor,Why do you need a set?

Just early a body v8 mounts.Just pulled one a little while back,I think I left them on the motor,Why do you need a set?

I want to put a small block in mine. Pm me a price + shipping to 27292.

Thanks

-
Back