The first 15 years of Pro Stock.

-
My dart is going back in time 70 pro stock look a like, heck it might even run the same times.
No 4 speed though, anyone can drive one of those :poke:

I'm just kidding 4 speed guys. I love it.

The early ones were 4 speeds. Not too long for the Lenco's to take over. This vid was a few years ago. Mike (RIP) had one of those clutchless 5 speeds. You can hear the tires chirp between gears. (1/8 mile track only uses 4 gears)

Last edited:
The early ones were 4 speeds. Not too long for the Lenco's to take over. Og, This vid was a few years ago. Mike (RIP) had one of those clutchless 5 speeds. You can hear the tires chirp between gears. (1/8 mile track only uses 4 gears)

Damn, that sucker was rippin'

I know there were plenty 70 dart pro stocks but it's hard to find any on videos. But it's a badass looking car, I have heard that they were rebodied 68 super stock but I'm not sure

Damn, that sucker was rippin'
Just a small block car. a 331 but not a overbored 327. It's a 6" rod motor with a strange combination. The 6" rod motors are cool according to the Chevy guys. . Mike flipped when I told him my stock 273 had over a 6" rod length. "no wonder why those Mopar's run so strong" :rofl: :rofl:

Just a small block car. a 331 but not a overbored 327. It's a 6" rod motor which the Chevy guys think is cool. Mike flipped when I told him my stock 273 had over a 6" rod length. "no wonder why those Mopar's run so strong" :rofl: :rofl:
That's cool, yeah my dork circle track coworker thought his 350 with 6 inch rods was the ****, he's a tard & I said exactly the same thing ...hmm Chrysler small blocks are .123 longer. He didn't even have an answer to that lol

That's cool, yeah my dork circle track coworker thought his 350 with 6 inch rods was the ****, he's a tard & I said exactly the same thing ...hmm Chrysler small blocks are .123 longer. He didn't even have an answer to that lol
I love to rub it in. :poke: :rofl: :rofl:

I love to rub it in. :poke: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah, Chevy guys are pretty easy to tease. I always like to go up to them and say "wow a sbc, how original. Where are your heartbeat valve covers those are super cool" lol

Like Mike went through my 8 3/4. "THat's like a 9" Ford" He runs 9"'s in his race cars.

Mike has been a hard charger for decades. Always a cool guy. A stroke took him out a few years back. Well liked by all and he always had a beer on ice for you. Always a manual trans for him. Never an automatic.

10868096_10203831531974067_7705181439118607731_n.jpg

48424199_10156909136804133_3301111794986123264_n.jpg

Bullet Bob Reed (RIP) was one of the best 4 speed drivers in his SS/H Barracuda. He once told a reporter, "This ain't no tennis shoe car."

-
Back