The Flu got me I think

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
Woke up this morning feeling like Hell warmed over. I hope it's not this flu that's been sending everyone to the ER but I do feel pretty bad. Soup and fluids a plenty for the weekend I think.

Hasn't got me yet, did feel warm for a few hours last week but shook it off as usual. When I was in my 30's it got me every time but in my 40's now I rarely get ill and if so its not so bad.

Soup is good, I like to try to sweat it off, if you can crank up the heat or take a hot bath or do both. Just plain chicken booth is good too and or hot chocolate. Again if you can go to bed and rest-sleep, no matter what time it is.

I'm not too in to cold meds but sometimes they are needed expect some meds are hard on your liver, same with booze. Plain aspirin I try to stick with

Hope you feel better soon....oh your doctor might have some meds, they do have stuff now to fight the flu if that is what you got, last i knew they got nothing for the common cold

Hope you get feeling better. My 15 year old was home from school this last week. Head ache, body aches and no energy. Soup, crackers, plenty of fluids and aspirin. tmm

Yeah my wife left me alone with our 3 year old today so rest has been difficult to say the least.

i had it a couple weeks ago kicked my but good had to shut my truck down couldnt run

My friend with the shop (car lift and tools) needed to put my new dual pot MC on Victoria has it bad, I went by there yesterday to check on him and get my camera I forgot to bring home last week, He looked pale and sounded bad, I told him to get his feet up and leave the solid foods alone
and call if he needs to get out for any reason !! Stay home bud!
I hope he is doing better today. and yes he did get the flue shot about 4 week ago. he threw me the keys to get my supplies I needed and lock his shop back up, Tequila, 12 pack and jacket.. I still forgot my camera :banghead:

I hope you get well soon johnparts, allot of water and rest :icon_smi:
replace your pillow cases daily is all good practice :glasses7:

Take care.It's all over the news in Ft Worth. We already have some deaths.The new said we are all going to die.Atleast that's the way they are acting.

Natures choice cold and flu has been kicking this things butt so I feel like $850,000 not quite a million but not down and out completely.

Being sick sucks. Never have had the flu, but the past couple of years have gotten a shot....just in case.....Stay hydrated, stay warm and Get Well......

Take care.It's all over the news in Ft Worth. We already have some deaths.The new said we are all going to die.Atleast that's the way they are acting.

I just got over said flu and while shaking under the covers with 102 F fever, I was wondering how a very young or very old person could survive it. I haven't been sick for years so I suppose it was just my time.

Anyway, it starts with light cough that in about 12 hours turns into a convulsive coughing fit and every breath into your lungs feels like fire. Right about that time the fever spikes and you feel like you're freezing to death and can't stop shivering. Then comes the head splitting headache and just so much as a sneeze or cough makes you think your whole head's going to explode. On top of all that, your digestive system just pretty much shuts down, your nose and throat start to swell and your abdomen and back muscles ache.

Thankfully it seems to be quick since I first felt symptoms Thursday night. Friday and Saturday I was utterly useless and today was the first day I could muster doing anything more than feeding the dogs and letting them out. My gut still feels a little weird and my lungs ache but I can stand for more than a few minutes, read, write, eat soft food and do things other normal people can do, lol.

I wouldn't wish this crap on my worst enemy and I certainly hope that no one here gets this crud.

I just got over said flu and while shaking under the covers with 102 F fever, I was wondering how a very young or very old person could survive it. I haven't been sick for years so I suppose it was just my time.

Anyway, it starts with light cough that in about 12 hours turns into a convulsive coughing fit and every breath into your lungs feels like fire. Right about that time the fever spikes and you feel like you're freezing to death and can't stop shivering. Then comes the head splitting headache and just so much as a sneeze or cough makes you think your whole head's going to explode. On top of all that, your digestive system just pretty much shuts down, your nose and throat start to swell and your abdomen and back muscles ache.

Thankfully it seems to be quick since I first felt symptoms Thursday night. Friday and Saturday I was utterly useless and today was the first day I could muster doing anything more than feeding the dogs and letting them out. My gut still feels a little weird and my lungs ache but I can stand for more than a few minutes, read, write, eat soft food and do things other normal people can do, lol.

I wouldn't wish this crap on my worst enemy and I certainly hope that no one here gets this crud.

Wow!! I am glad you are on the mend Joe :happy1: sounds like a bad few days around Ramchager's home, did anyone do the hot tea thing and keep there pillow cases changed out or cleaned daily ? I can't spell it but a hot totie with a spoon of honey can do wonders to fight this flu bug.
Wash hands all you can and do not over do anything except sleep.

dodge freak, I can't do aspirin :banghead: never could being elegaic to the stuff my hole life so 20 oz of water every 2 hours and stay horizontal as much as possible, regardless what some folks think Chicken noodle soup does a good job to help clean you out.... I won't go into the honey thing but it is my go to must do when and if this bug hits me or even just during these times for precaution :glasses7:

Hot fluids really do seem to help

I never gotten a flu shot but in the distance past I have been pretty sick at times, I believe my body fights off colds better now.

Yes always wash your hands after getting back home and watch what you eat--more like WHERE you eat. This time of year I'm more careful, no donuts over at the donut shop-or if you do not too often and not too many, I like shopping in a few select grocery stores and preparing my own meals and doing my own cooking. Its more hassle but then so is getting ill.

I've gotten ill twice from cold refrigerated products that you do not cook so I refuse to buy them from those 24 hour markets were you don't know if at 3 am some drunk pulled out a jug of milk and it didn't make in back in the cooler till 8 am when the normal staff showed up to work. When you throw up and feel better 30 mins later on, that tells me it was something I ate.

Its better to error on the side of caution, when I do get ill, I try to replace the cold food I don't cook just in case it caused it. Cooking usually kills germs if its cook long enough.

I don't own a microwave oven either, can you believe it. Used to have one long ago but heck it was so hard to clean throughly inside and something always pops and gets the oven walls dirty and then you are to put clean good food inside it....like I said, I rather be too careful. A stove and regular oven works just fine, just takes longer but really what is 7 mins to heat up a can of soup vs 3 mins ?

Be careful with the flu guys. I don't know the death toll here in NC but I know we're among the hardest hit states. I don't want to read about another death of a fellow FABO member.

Wow!! I am glad you are on the mend Joe :happy1: sounds like a bad few days around Ramchager's home, did anyone do the hot tea thing and keep there pillow cases changed out or cleaned daily ? I can't spell it but a hot totie with a spoon of honey can do wonders to fight this flu bug.
Wash hands all you can and do not over do anything except sleep.

Just me and the dogs here Mike. Yesterday I got the pillow cases changed and today it's back to work. No tea or honey here but i'll pick some up while i'm out. The chicken noodle soup thing did help.

Just me and the dogs here Mike. Yesterday I got the pillow cases changed and today it's back to work. No tea or honey here but i'll pick some up while i'm out. The chicken noodle soup thing did help.
:cheers: On your feet and moving :cheers: Good news to see this morning Joe.

Well I have been M.R.I'ed and nerve conductive checked and today I go see my GP doctor to see what is going one with my feet, I pray they get this figured out soon , it has taken a tole on my quality of life away trying to walk around.
Treva is home today to keep me from strangling my dr. if he tell me Mike we cant find anything :protest::violent1::help:... It's been a long 6 months :glasses7: He moved my appointment up 4 days to today to see me :cheers:
I need my feet, Buddy gets his walks and runs the property half as much and it brakes my hart I can't get out there more often.... maybe I should bring Buddy with me :D

Attachments

• Victoria fund 021.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 117
Oh man Mike, I'm sorry to hear about this, hopefully you'll get some good news today. Feet are pretty darn important. I was watching "Bamazon" yesterday about some guys from Alabama gold hunting in the Amazon rain forest. Well, this one guy gets a bad cut on the bottom of his foot and then runs around in the mud. Sure enough, he gets a parasite and an infection.. it made me think how I could survive without a foot or feet.

-
Back