The hardest thing I had to do today was put Duster to the rest

-
Sorry to hear that. Sixteen plus - that's a blessing. Positive thoughts to you & yours. Go rescue two & bring them home

Hang in there, its tough. Took me 6 months to get over that bad moment and continue on with the 14 years of great memories.

Sorry to hear that, my sympathy for your loss. Losing a dog is like losing a family member. It'll take time to grieve your loss just like anyone else you lose and care about. Just think of all the good times you had together and smile. 65'

This is hart a breaking thing to go threw, so sorry for your giant loss.

Buddy was with me 14 years, my days where very lonely after I let him go, the Vet came here to my home to take care of everything, I was holding him as he fell to sleep, but we knew this was to happen, but it hit me hard.
Strength and wisdom to be with you threw out this month, remember that you gave him the best home and care he wanted and needed. No suffering anymore..

FB_IMG_1585055589856.jpg

FB_IMG_1596765587495.jpg

FB_IMG_1574693423671.jpg

FB_IMG_1584109989725.jpg

I'm sorry.
What a bummer .
RIP Duster
Maybe you need a Twister now ?
Never will be the original duster, but still much enjoyment and a totally different model , yet the same.

Last edited:
I truly feel your loss. We have had to do it 4 times. Just know that the love they filled you with makes the shorter time worth it for you. Duster looked like a happy dog. Please take a look at this poem. It always makes me feel better. A Vet in Arkansas sent us a nice card signed by everyone in the office when we lost our first dog withe this poem in it.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

Sorry for your loss. Been through a few dogs over the years and it never gets any easier.

Sorry for your loss. It truly breaks my heart. I've been a "dog guy" all my life......One of our greatest gifts.

One of the hardest things in my life is losing a dog. I love them. Can't help it. Comes by genetics I guess. I hope this true story might somehow ease your painjust a little.

My mother was born about 1908. I was born in 1948. She was raised and lived on a 600 ac. farm with 9 brothers/sisters and she had 13 dogs as a young woman there. Plenty of space, plenty of "table scrapes".

Fast forward to 1955, and I was seven, and dad had just retired out of the Marines after 20 odd years and a couple of big wars. Left Ca. for Ga. Broken meantally more than wore than physically. We came back "home" to the farm, or what was left of it. It was Dec. and S.W. Ga was cold and a 2 story house built before the civil war with 12 ft ceilings and only heat was a couple of pot belly stoves in BIG rooms. Did I say it was cold! My little terrier dog came home with us. He soon died of pneumonia. I was devistated. That was my first loss of a beloved dog. It has never got any easier but I have always found another dog to love that loved me back just as much if not more.

Love of dogs is genetic maybe?

I just pray to the good Lord, that I will see my dogs in the hereafter, where ever it might be.

Sorry for your loss. It's so tough to do and go through. You both were blessed to be each other's master and dog. He had a wonderful home while here on earth. He now awaits you. See you on the other side Duster.

Pets bring joy and unconditional love.
So sorry for your loss

Mike the breeder of our new dog "Dodge" just contacted my wife 3 days ago and said they have two males left from the last litter. They are Golden/ Bernese , Golden retriever mother and bernese mountain dog father. They are from an amish farmstead. Dodge is the size of a large golden but black. The friendliest dogs, And he does not shed. He looks like a black golden retriever. The bad was he sole my shoe ruined it and still carries the sole around. Let me Know.

1a 7 weeks.JPG

39 11 wks.JPG

100_0047.JPG

100_0048.JPG

100_0049.JPG

100_0058.JPG

100_0059.JPG

1b 7 weeks.JPG

2 7 weeks.JPG

Golden_Mountain_Dog_15714_R.jpg

Last edited:
Sara and I lost her dog Sadie of 14 years, early last year. It was tough but Im grateful for all the time we had with her. God blessed us a few months later with another fur-baby. Sadie can never be replaced but the new doggie helps for sure. May Gods peace and comfort be upon you during this time.
Chris and Sara

"He heals up the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalms 147:3 NKJV

My condolences for your loss. Duster looks like one happy dog! We found out our beloved Miss Daisy had cancer this past September and it was taking her quickly so we let her cross over the rainbow bridge before she got too bad. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Still miss her every single day.

Resized_IMG_0114_426139217062161.jpeg

I'm sorry for your loss, never easy, especially after that many years. I'm on my 3rd Lab. My Chocolate Lab "Henry" will be 11 soon and he already has the gray beard working. He's crazy and has a mind of his own, but not looking forward to the day he's gone.
Henry 1.jpg

I have had to put down horses, cattle myself with the gun.
I have lost dogs to death by natural causes, over the decades. I have had to sit in the vet's waiting room for what seemed like forever to have my best bud put down. Tears streaming down a grown man's face that has seen it pretty much all. I really don't think I can stand that again when the times comes. If I use the gun, it will be instant for my beloved dog and quick release for me. Life is hard.

I’m sorry for your loss. I just put down my husky after 12 years. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Dustin.

Understood, as my wife and I had to put down/lay to rest, our 14 and a half year old jack russell Patti Nov,5th/2022. One of the hardest things in life to do being a loyal loving family member. We bald our eyes out... RIP to any members pet that loses a friend..

I really respect you making thread paying homage to your best friend....Duster looked like a truly loyal friend...Pain lasts forever it just let's up some...Dec. 10, 2022 had to do the same and life has sucked ever since...Mine was a female pitbull named Haley that was 7 and her kidneys failed....it's really doesn't seem fair ..My father is in a state of depression because of it...He's a Vietnam Vet and I've only seen him cry when his mother passed..he cried more for Haley...this is a pic on my father's Bday right after the vet gave us the bad news...she died 2 days later...she was our everthing..God bless you through these times Mike!!!!

20221208_124530.jpg

-
Back