-
In the eighties I remember gm hei cars having a .060 plug gap but their distributor caps have a much wider spread between the pins.

Ive been building these for my own cars and customers for years cant beat the set up minus the completely wrong looking coil. Anyone know if there is a old school round 12 volt coil that will work with this set up? Nevermind found one fairly quick on a search napa ic14sb.

I checked this coil on the Napa site and it says on the outside of the coil to use with a external resistor. I thought this setup bypassed the resistor. So would this coil work without a resistor with this setup?? Oops, I see listed under the info "w/o external resistor". But would this old school style coil still deliver the power that these new e coils do and not fail on the street?

to be clear mine is the 1st in the series. It is the ignitor that uses the points coil

Do you have any setups for the non balast systems like my 90 d250?

Our kits will work on anything that has an electronic distributor with a reluctor that uses a square wave trigger signal.
The answer is yes, these will work on your D250 just as well as they do on the resisted systems.
Thanks for asking.

I checked this coil on the Napa site and it says on the outside of the coil to use with a external resistor. I thought this setup bypassed the resistor. So would this coil work without a resistor with this setup?? Oops, I see listed under the info "w/o external resistor". But would this old school style coil still deliver the power that these new e coils do and not fail on the street?

No, it will not.
The ecoil design is what puts out the higher power as far as I know.
It would have to be an HEI coil.

to be clear mine is the 1st in the series. It is the ignitor that uses the points coil

If the ignitor is an electrionic that uses a square wave signal, then yes it will work just fine. (pretty sure they are)
Just looked it up, and it looks good, so our kits would work well for you.

I installed this kit with a accell super coil ran it all summer and it was one of the best changes I ever did to the car, other than maybe the lokar kick down. Great kit easy to install and you can clean up a lot of garbage under the hood.

You can get them by sending a Paypal payment to [email protected] along with your mailing address.
I usually accept payment through the HEI website www.classichei.com but The price went up on the site but FABO members still get them for $99.95 directly from me through paypal.
A person can also pay with a credit card if they wanted to through Paypal if they don't have a Paypal account.

You can get them by sending a Paypal payment to [email protected] along with your mailing address.
I usually accept payment through the HEI website www.classichei.com but The price went up on the site but FABO members still get them for $99.95 directly from me through paypal.
A person can also pay with a credit card if they wanted to through Paypal if they don't have a Paypal account.

How about someone from here that pays for part with USPS Money Order

How about someone from here that pays for part with USPS Money Order

I don't know,,,,,,,,bein from Oklahoma and all.:D

That'd be fine also.
Money orders can be sent to:

Greg Bass
8790 East Chery Drive
Prescott Valley, AZ

It's also kind nice to know what it will be going on also, so I can customize if needed. (Cordoba in your case?)

Thank you

I don't know,,,,,,,,bein from Oklahoma and all.:D

That'd be fine also.
Money orders can be sent to:

Greg Bass
8790 East Chery Drive
Prescott Valley, AZ

It's also kind nice to know what it will be going on also, so I can customize if needed. (Cordoba in your case?)

Thank you

Yes my Cordoba and again on my Charger when it's ready.

I saved your info. I will order one with taxes. Can I pics of all that's included if its not any trouble or do you have another thread with pics?

Sorry guy's, company came over.

This is installed on my car.
Comes with coil, 8 pin ECU and all required wiring including a section 7mm silicone coil wire for the male connection of the coil.
One of the ends and the cap from your original coil wire is used to go onto the distributor end.
I do not supply the wire loom casing as shown in this picture.

Attachments

• installed.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 357
Sorry guy's, company came over.

This is installed on my car.
Comes with coil, 8 pin ECU and all required wiring including a section 7mm silicone coil wire for the male connection of the coil.
One of the ends and the cap from your original coil wire is used to go onto the distributor end.
I do not supply the wire loom casing as shown in this picture.

Do you have that setup that will work with the cylinder type coil?

Our kits will work on anything that has an electronic distributor with a reluctor that uses a square wave trigger signal.
The answer is yes, these will work on your D250 just as well as they do on the resisted systems.
Thanks for asking.

Do you have any info on how to get this product?

Greg hook my man Chuck up with info could you ?

-
Back