The in's and out's of swapping in a B/RB into your A body.

-

PROSTOCKTOM

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Since I recently bought a Big Block A-body I have been reading this topic daily. However it really bothers me that the spirit and intent of the original topic

has been lost. It's now appears to be a catch all for virtually everything but the, "The in's and out's of swapping in a B/RB into your A body."

Since when has tuneup information, engine building combinations, and all the other BS that ends up here on this topic have any relevance to installing a

Big Block into an A-body. If I were a moderator this topic would have a lot of deleted threads. Like me or not for commenting and writing about this, but

the truth is the truth. Let's work to restore the information as it was suppose to be about.

Tom

Tom I would have to agree. I have given information to help make a swap much easier, but like you said, the topic changes.

I agree things need to be more on point........but what big block has not been installed into an A body from the beginning until now? I mean it's all pretty much been done. Most everybody interested has already done it. Time and time and time again. What is to make your thread any different than the thousands that are already online? No offense meant. I am just askin what you plan to do differently.

ok guys....I had a mild 440 in a B body that was fun in the 70's. Have wanted a 440 in a dart ever since. Picking up a 71 dart in May or June. Stripped....no powertrain...does have an 8 3/4 under a narrowed frame. stock 440 comes with. Gonna appreciate all the help I can get. I'll keep you posted. Thanx

Putting a Big Block into an A-Body is pretty cool. But today - as far as i know, never did it by myself - it´s a bolt on deal. You can buy motor mounts, oil pans, headers, radiators, even different k-frames or suspension systems that make it pretty easy to put one into our cars. Not really cheap when you buy aftermarket stuff, but i´d consider it not a major technical problem. In former times you had to search the yunkjard to find some special parts and have the knowledge what parts fit together and work. The internet is very helpful in this case, others have shared the specific information and are still willing to share with people that wanna do the swap.

So i think if this part of the forum is limited to BB-swap in A-body only, i´d miss the great information about the big engines being built, parts combinations, troubleshooting and so on. Some very experienced builders are here and give informations for free - and that´s pretty cool, too. i´d keep it as it is.

just my 2 cents ;-)

Michael

I don't see a thing with revisiting this subject. Parts change. "Stuff" that used to be available through MP, etc are no longer available. Aftermarket stuff comes and goes. New ideas happen, including the various front suspension / K members. I see nothing wrong with "again."

-
Back