The latest addition to my Hemi build

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
Check out the fun new switch that got added to my car. I like to call it my volume switch, lol. I'd put a little sticker next to it with a Vol + Vol - text, but I don't have room. It controls my new electric cutouts I got from DMH Performance. They are fully adjustable for however long you hold the button, so you can open them just a little or all the way. Two quick presses on the switch is fun for around town to give it a little extra pop, hold for a few seconds and you have full on race roar!

Attachments

• IMAG0068.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 207
  • IMAG0071.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 200
Those would be soooo great when a car pulls up next to ya thumpin' their stereo and you just hit button and give it alittle throttle.

Haha, exactly! They got a workout the other day around cops too. I didn't have them obscenely loud, just cracked a little cruising down main street, but I closed them up whenever I drove past one for the heck of it. I don't think the car was any louder than some pickups I hear running around town, but it doesn't hurt to play it safe. They probably aren't really worth the money or the performance (didn't notice any major difference on my O2 readings open or closed), but they're just too much fun and always put a smile on my face.

I have qtp's on my Duster and YES you will get peoples attention!!!! What's strange thou is open them up and feel how much exhaust still goes out the back--Steve

Cutouts are great, you can run a really quiet restrictive exhaust for the new car quiet effect for conversation. And open them up to mess with the guy in a 4 door nova that thinks his tv's and 35 inch rims are cool lol

I have qtp's on my Duster and YES you will get peoples attention!!!! What's strange thou is open them up and feel how much exhaust still goes out the back--Steve

Yeah, I noticed that, especially at idle, probably about half and half on flow. I was surprised how loud it gets when just cracked open a little as well. It's also surprisingly quiet when just cruising, even with them wide open. Tap the throttle just a little though and you'll know if they're open at all. Love the sound it makes on shifts, nice little crackle and pop.

-
Back