the mechanic may do list for the day

-

Phily

3XL, loud pipes, loud music, loud weed
Reaction score
Since I got the b100 home I gues it's time to start dismantling it. Since I'm not Hercules I'll be using my sawzall til I run out of blades to get everything removed up top. I might try and get the motor to start before im finished. Hopefully it works and I get enough removed today that I can start getting the motor ready to be pulled. Odometer say 68k and change
When I run out of blades or want a break I'm gonna thumb check for compression on the 05 grand caravan. I need to know if it's valves or piston rings. I'm suspecting a stuck valve.

Some of the "smart money" I spent was a decent "used" plasma. I use it a lot.

I don't use it much, but HF has air hammers cheap, a panel cutter will zip right along sheet metal

Ya my buddy has a hobart plasma cutter. I should have borrowed it from him again. Kids decided they wanted to paint the van. So no chopping today. Still pulling parts tho

Every time I've cut up a car or truck with a plasma cutter it usually results in melted consumables in the torch head, or stuff burning inside panels like sound deadener or seam sealer, plasma cutters do better with clean metal.
My preferred method is an air chisel with a long reach panel cutter for the majority of the big panels and a sawzall for the the pillars and frame rails.

No real need to worry about insulation and crap lol. Still a sawzall will cut thru it all pretty quick

IMG_20170515_183557-800x600.jpg

IMG_20170515_183537-800x600.jpg

This reminds me of a former "friend". He had gotten an old barge for cheap and was going to junk it out for the old Chrysler flathead marine, and transmission. One weekend I was down there chastising him about the boat. Next thing ya know I was out there with the chainsaw

Things went "OK" for awhile. This was a wood frame affair, with plywood planking. I got under it and tried to avoid drains, water intakes/ etc and sawed clear across one side to the other

But it had some water in the bilge.........WHAM--BHO!!! Saw was cuttin like a ***** and stopped so fast it HURT!!! Hit a great big brass drain right in the muck in the bilge, had somehow not seen that underneath.

Ya that so no fun. I was chopping up a trailer for my father in law. Well a camper trailer.roof started falling in on me lol. Got it off tho no real issues as it light aluminum and insulation.
I remove the fuel tank and bad battery before I take the saw to it. Then l remove the engine/motor lol. Then I'll take the rear end and front end apart. Then chop the rest down. Get rid of what ppl need. Then scrap the left over metal. Im Keeping the rear end and motor.

-
Back