The Much Anticipated Bench Seat to Bucket Seat Conversion

-

512Stroker

We are all here because we are not all there.
Reaction score
After a couple of years of delays I finally converted from bench to bucket seats in my 67 Barracuda.
It all started when I purchased a pair of 1968 black buckets seat from my favorite parts Guy@RAT ROD AL . My car is not original so I chose to install the taller back 68 seats rather than the lower 67 seats. With the help of several other FABO member's I was lucky enough to procure some head rests to add them to the buckets. The Pearl White seat covers came from Legendary after a 5 month wait. After waiting for a couple more month's for the upholstery dude to get over Covid I got them back and installed them. It all turned out OK but I will be removing them to modify the tracks as they are to far forewords' and too tall.
This project was far to $expensive and took a long time to complete. I think it will be worth it in the long run.
Here's a couple of pic's showing the seats and the mounting holes.

Seat1.jpg

Seat2.jpg

Seat3.jpg

Seat4.jpg

I'm doing the opposite, taking buckets and console out of my 4spd 70 Duster and putting a bench in. Your car looks great by the way.

You need to weld the reinforcements on the floor or they WILL eventually crack the floor pan! They weld on the floor pan where the seat bolts...

A Body floor reinforcement.jpg

You need to weld the reinforcements on the floor or they WILL eventually crack the floor pan! They weld on the floor pan where the seat bolts
Courious... Do they go on the top of the pan inside the car or under the car under the pan?

You need to weld the reinforcements on the floor or they WILL eventually crack the floor pan! They weld on the floor pan where the seat bolts...

View attachment 1715931801

Agreed. The previous owner of my 68 fastback yanked the bench seat threw in some crap 70's car buckets and cracked the floor. now I have to weld the cracks AND put in supporting plates. I'd love to still have the bench seat to sit close with my girl while we're driving.

Do you have a link for that? I'm not finding them.
AMD website
AMDLogo.jpg

• 407-1067-S-side.jpg

360-View-AMD.png

pixel_trans.gif

Bucket Seat Floor Brackets - 67-76 Dodge Plymouth A-Body
Part# 407-1067-S Retail: (USD) $34.99
Availability: In Stock
dc_success.gif

Condition: New

Weight: 3.00 lbs

Shipping Dims: 7.00"L x 7.00"W x 7.00"H

Gauge of Metal: 14 ga.

It was great seeing you again at the Magic Dragon car show a few weeks ago. You Cuda is looking good!

Looks really nice! Yeah Legendary took 8 months to produce my door panels last year. It was worth the wait as they look perfect.

-
Back