The new five dollar bill.

-
That's how much it is where I live, well $4.85 and our dollar is pretty much on par with you guys these days so it's bad no matter how you look at it.

For the first time, I paid $4.02 for mid grade yesterday. The thoughts of getting something more fuel efficient is bouncing around in my head once again. 12-13mpg in the Ram just isn't cutting it.

Rob,
I know fuel prices are high for everyone and yours has been high
for a lot longer.
I would like to know if your country is expeirencing the same
growth in pricing as the U.S. and is the U.S. moniterary devaluation causing
more burden for your country or is it helping by raising your monies
buying power.

For our American friends that don't know, a litre is the same as an American quart so "littleman66" is bang on $5 a gallon, ouch.

longarm - the US dollar deflation is probably hurting us the most on exports as our product is now relatively expensive, tourism from the US is probably down as well, you used to get about $1.50 for your $1.00, now it's even. For the consumer things are in theory cheaper although it's taken a while to play out that way but if you order directly out of the US it's straight up cheaper. Our economy tends to mimic the States but not this time around. We don't have the fallout from the sub-prime motgage fiasco to contend with and we have a labour shortage so getting or changing jobs has never been easier. The gas has always been taxed insanely high here which is why it's so much higher than yours. Any time they need more money they through a few more pennies tax on it, pennies per litre that is.

Crappy deal for the canucks eh?
Sucks...
$3.49 gal. here in Cali.
Hope it stops going up but it won't...
Remeber when diesel was cheaper? And now diesel here is $4.21 a gal.

Right. I used to fuel up across the border about 10 minutes away. Owner of the station takes Canadian money at par,plus his gas is always .25 cents less due to less tax.

The really crazy part? He sells Canadian fuel made in Alberta for less than I pay here in B.C.

But the bridge between us is out for repairs,so I gotta suck $1.25 prices for regular. Thank god my van takes regular...

It really is stupid. High prices are justified by telling us we are ruining the environment,yet there is no true widespread alternative available. We get glimpses of upcoming technology,but in the meantime prices are driven up by greedy trading on the open market. Phew,I'll get off my soapbox now...

O.K maybe hybrids help but not everyone can afford a new car.And they still use gas.

I always thought the turbine should have been used as an alternate engine. Burns just about everything (even peanut oil!) and very few emmisions. Yes NOX is high but computer technology and emmisions control should help that.

I paid 3.74 is a few days ago at the chevron station for premium. That hurt 85 bucks later. Don't even get me started on how bad for the environment hybrids are...

Ready for gas at $1.50 a litre?
By ROMA LUCIW , Globe and Mail Update

Imagine pulling into a gas station and filling up the tank of your Ford Explorer SUV for a whopping $1.50 a litre.

According to a energy report released Thursday by CIBC World Markets, that scenario could soon become reality. “Canadians should brace for $1.50 litre gas prices in the near future as global oil supply will increasingly have trouble keeping pace with demand,” says CIBC chief economist Jeffrey Rubin.

THAT'S ABOUT $6.00 per gal....

Where's the a-body guys from Sweden and Finland, not to mention the U.K., I think they are at around $6 per gallon!!! Hey I don't think I have to ask but what do you other guys from B.C. think of the Liberals and their dumb *** "carbon tax"??? Another kick the little guys in the *** tax if ya ask me, I guess they hope if they tax the hell out of gas we'll all climb on the bus to get to work, too bad our food and goods can't take the bus, seems to me the trucking industry is going to take a s**t kicking and the extra cost will come out of the consumers wallets:thebirdm:........sorry for the rant I just have no use for politicians and their f**ked up ideas:munky2:

Not really sure how this turned into a gas $$$ thread, LOL!! I think it was just to show off your new fiver down south? Oh well, I like the looks of your "newer" U.S. bills, beats the old green ones that all looked the same to us dumb Canucks!! Now you just need to get rid of those one dollar bills!!

Crappy deal for the canucks eh?
Sucks...
$3.49 gal. here in Cali.
Hope it stops going up but it won't...
Remeber when diesel was cheaper? And now diesel here is $4.21 a gal.

Diesel at the pumps here in CT is now averaging around $4.35 to $4.45 a GALLON.. I'm hearing from my suppliers that regular gas will average $4.00 a gallon before the 4th of July, so I'm expecting to pay $5.00 a gallon for diesel before long, not an exciting prospect when you're running trucks that can barely achieve 5 mpg.. The extra cost in refining the "ultra low sulphur" diesel is what they're attributing the flip flop on gas/diesel prices ... I guess the only plus is that the newer diesel engines are MUCH cleaner burning, though they have their share of issues...

Where the HELL is all that oil in Iraq going, and why isn't it coming HERE ?? We sure as hell are spending our billions there !! Arghhhhhhhh (No disrespect to the soldiers--you folks are my HEROES !!)

As for the Canadian/US dollar discussion, in general it seems that you folks in Canada can get some pretty good deals here in the US of A ... never thought I'd see the day ... I remember not long ago when stores here didn't want to accept Canadian coins !!!

Kenny

Filled the Dart up yesterday. At $3.69 a gallon and 5 miles to the gallon, cruising may be curtailed a little this year. But then again, you can't take it with you. LOL

Gas here was $ 3.57 a gallon the other day, but mercifully has dropped back to $ 3.49 !! Last year I told my wife that the days of ever seeing gas below 2 dollars was over. Now I think that we will never see gas below 3 dollars a gallon again.
Nowadays gas prices go up more overnight than they used to over a 5 year period.
Hell, I remember when it used to take longer to put $ 20 worth of gas in your car than it took to say it.

Where's the a-body guys from Sweden and Finland, not to mention the U.K., I think they are at around $6 per gallon!!! Hey I don't think I have to ask but what do you other guys from B.C. think of the Liberals and their dumb *** "carbon tax"??? Another kick the little guys in the *** tax if ya ask me, I guess they hope if they tax the hell out of gas we'll all climb on the bus to get to work, too bad our food and goods can't take the bus, seems to me the trucking industry is going to take a s**t kicking and the extra cost will come out of the consumers wallets:thebirdm:........sorry for the rant I just have no use for politicians and their f**ked up ideas:munky2:

Here in Sweden we pay over $8 per gallon.:angry5: :pottytra:

That tax is just like everything else the libs have done here.It's one sided and not well thought out.

Sorry if I turned this to gas prices. I guess it's on everyones minds these days...

Its at $4.10 for 91 octane here (premium). I still plan to drive my Duster more this spring/summer more, as it is way more fun than any gas saver can be!

I remember a friend in high school always putting 5 dollars of gas in his car and he would get 4 almost 5 gallons and now you barely get over 1 and that was back in 2000.

For the first time, I paid $4.02 for mid grade yesterday. The thoughts of getting something more fuel efficient is bouncing around in my head once again. 12-13mpg in the Ram just isn't cutting it.

I just bought a New, 2008 Chevy Aveo 5 door hatchback,
Value Special version.

$10,900. + $1300. for A/C for a total of $12,400. {+ tax}

So far in normal driving I am getting just over 30 mpg.
Beats the 18-25 mpg, I was getting out of my Voyager minivan.

-
Back