The next crop

-

70DartSedan

Not Banned - just hiding
Reaction score
As a younger entusiast in the hobby I'm a minority simply by that measure. Now factor in that Chevy and Ford products are more popular, I'm even smaller out there. So how many like me are really out there? I have one friend who like Mopars, but doesn't own even a slant 6 sedan or anything, but he loves 440-6 'Cudas. He knows of concours restos but nothing about them.
I get ripped on all the time for the Pentastar love affair. I hear the usual rips and crap. I was even asked by the instructor at the Auto Service Class," How's it feel to be the only Mopar guy?" and something that I replied to, " Well, I don't see Chevy or Ford commanding the auction prices Mopar does." The instructor played it down and tore me appart on that comment. He is an Olds guy and owns a '61 'Vette convert, unrestored.

I'm guessing this treatment is fairly typical.

Hang in there. One thing to consider is that if you are young enough and nobody else appreciates the Mopars they will have to become more available to you in the future. All the baby boomers that put a ton of cash into them during the last muscle car boom will be passing on and if there isn't anybody to coach their family on the value you may be able to buy a 440-6 Cuda at a price not approaching $100K.

You might as well get used to it.
The brand loyalty debate will continue for eternity......
Screw them and their opinions, and do what you want to.
I had a look at your car in the photo gallery, and i love it BTW!
I've always had a soft spot for the 4 doors.

I have always been given crap for being a mopar guy. My family are all Ford guys, or I should say were. :) My cousin just bought a 72 'cuda and a few other family members are converted as well. I like being a Mopar missionary. The bug bit me SO hard when I was 13 and thats about all I could think about.

It will get better for you. Just let people think what they want, your car rocks!

i have owned and driven nothing but chrysler products my whole life. i have gotten my share of crap from everyone. when it comes right down to it , the brand x owners are just plain jealous that they dont have a charger or duster to brag about, instead they have a 1 of 1,156,755 built brand x.and it goes with the territory,they will talk sh*t and bash you and tell you that you own a slow POS. this is when i really started doing my homework. LOOK, READ and LEARN about the history of drag racing and nascar.these cars and equipment were race bred. when you really start to learn about where these cars came from (i am by no means saying you are uneducated about this lol) , you will be able to shut every one of these fools up with facts.the hemi head design it still used today and it was used in auto applications in the 50s.it has dominated drag racing and nascar for decades.the only way to stop the daytonas and birds from total domination on the nascar tracks was to ban them. when the facts start flowing , it leaves people speechless ,trust me on this, been there, done that.

I was even asked by the instructor at the Auto Service Class," How's it feel to be the only Mopar guy?" and something that I replied to, " Well, I don't see Chevy or Ford commanding the auction prices Mopar does." The instructor played it down and tore me appart on that comment. He is an Olds guy and owns a '61 'Vette convert, unrestored.

I'm guessing this treatment is fairly typical.[/QUOTE]

Should have told your instructor that you feel like the only girl in class,
all the boy's ignore me but they all deep down want to jump on for a ride. LOL

Hang in there.

Kenny

Yep fairly typical;You just need some more information.Corvette's were not the first american two seater and 61 is not the most coveted corvette.Enjoy what you like,there will always be someone with a bigger/better/worth more,car or truck than you have.I have taken some of mine to car shows and I have heard it all.Good Luck and Enjoy!!!

I am the only Mopar guy at Pull-A-Part and I get quite a bit of respect amongst honda, rotary, chevy, ford, and import guys. It all really depends on who it is. Everyone at my work is cool and loves the Dart even though its a rusty bondo bucket. Sounds like the guys around you are jealous. Its strange because you get into my area of Georgia and even the Chevy guys know what a Dart is and what a Demon is and will tell you stories of getting their asses handed to them by A-body cars. There isn't much rivalry around here. If you have an old car, nice car, or a project, you'll get thumbs up and respect from just about everyone unless you are ricing your car out with an 8ft wing and a fartcan lol.

If you are the only Mopar guy there cherish it. You dare to be different and a leader. Sure they cost a little more to restore, but they are worth every penny and drop of sweat. It's great going to a car show with 2000 cars and having the only 72 Demon. I have more pictures taken of my car than any 10 of the off the shelf camaro's.

Jack

if your getting flack from chevy and ford owners, my comment to them is " your wife prefer the back seat of my Mopar then your car" they usually have no comeback...

Dont have a A body but we got a Jeep Liberty, and this fall gonna get a either 96 , 97 ot 98 Ram.

You might as well get used to it.
The brand loyalty debate will continue for eternity......
Screw them and their opinions, and do what you want to.
I had a look at your car in the photo gallery, and i love it BTW!
I've always had a soft spot for the 4 doors.

If you want to see a Charger, that is painted F3 and still sexy here: www.cardomain.com/ride/3160504, and it is continued from the link on page 26, there.

Wow, so you're the ONLY smart one in class??? Sounds like you should be teaching them, not the other way around!! Be proud of your Mopar heritage, and be glad that nobody else wants them, thats all the more for you!!

By the way, when the smartazz Chivvy and Phord guys (and Olds if you get my drift) start running their mouths, just ask them what EVERY top fuel and funny car engine is based on!!! Did they say the HEMI?? Or are they too stupid to admit that they don't know, or better yet afraid to admit!!! Geof

Wow, so you're the ONLY smart one in class??? Sounds like you should be teaching them, not the other way around!! Be proud of your Mopar heritage, and be glad that nobody else wants them, thats all the more for you!!

By the way, when the smartazz Chivvy and Phord guys (and Olds if you get my drift) start running their mouths, just ask them what EVERY top fuel and funny car engine is based on!!! Did they say the HEMI?? Or are they too stupid to admit that they don't know, or better yet afraid to admit!!! Geof

Infact they are stupid, if it ain't a 350 it ain't a V-8. I am a prodegy on concours resto info and trivia for my age. I thank my Charger for that, without her, I'd be... ONE OF THEM:sad2:

-
Back