The one that got away..

-

SBDart

Reaction score
What is the one car or truck u wish u had back. sold it trade it or whatever. or the one you wish you had back.

I will start it off ;
I wish i had this one back it was a very fun car not real fast but fun. a member on this forum own it now . kitcar78 owns it now..luck man..
it had a 340 stroker to a 371, 727 trans dana 60 w/ 4.56 gears. ran 12.03 1/4 m 7.62 1/8m 1.62 60ft best time.

Attachments

• i1277.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 297
  • i1278.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 314
  • i1279.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 295
Not mine but grandfather's..........a 1970 440 Plymouth Superbird

My first love.. 68 Barracuda FB. Basic 318, column shift and painted metallic red. Nothing rare, nothing special, but nothing was better than loading my worldly possesions into her and heading from the center of Canada through the Rockies and driving until I could dip her wheels and my toes in the Pacific. Freedom.

Grant

My sister had a brown 69 Coronet packing a 440...she taught me to drive (and do my first burn out) in it when I was 11. Wish I knew then what I know now. Would've done her chores for a year to get that thing.

A 1971 340 Demon White with a black vinyl top and interior. I could have gotten it cheaper that the GTO Judge when I was 17

71 340 duster, numbers matching, red w/black interior, bought out of a field for a couple hundred bucks, re-sold soon after...

Not one but two. I owned them both in high school. 1971 440 R/T Charger and 1973 340 Rallye Charger. Both numbers matching. I was stupid twice and sold them both.

57 chev shorty wagon... only race I ever lost was to a Honda 750-4 bike....

Also wish I had my 61 Anglia. I bought it local from an old guy that used to be a dealer for them back in the day. It was his personal car and completely stock.

69 Road Runner 383.Had a cast crank 440.Came optioned with a A/c,cruise control every option in the book.Had a 6 pack setup,cam headers and all.Lost my shop storage,had to sell.Head the car was given a rottissere resto somewhere in the Bakersfield valley.That is my choice from the past.

Black '64 Sport Fury, 426 2/4 4 speed 411:1 posi 8 3/4, with red and white interior. It was a real screamer in the street and strip back in the mid 80's. I sold it in '89 to a guy in Ohio and lost track of him and the car.

Bill S

If I had unlimited resources and a big enough garage...
  • '64 Olds Cutlass, my first car
  • '69 Dart 340 Swinger, my first Mopar. Way back in the late '70s I got stupid and decided to make a race car out of it. I was building it to race NHRA Super Street class when I went through a divorce. Kept the kids, the house, and the car but didn't have the funds to finish it. Got stupider and sold it during a minor financial crisis.
  • '70 Charger 500, triple black, beautiful car. Another dose of stupidity - traded it for a pickup after my 'ex' and I bought our house.
  • '74 TransAm, "Buccaneer Red" 455, my first new car and another beautiful car. My 'ex' took it when we divorced and trashed it.
  • 15th Anniversary 1983 Hurst Olds. Bought it brand new off the showroom floor. It also survived my divorce. I just sold it about 2 years ago to help finance the completion of my current '69 Dart project.

Really hard to pick out just one.

The one I regret selling every day for the last 10 years...

'69 Super Bee Coupe
Spring special package
440 aprox 450 hp
4 speed
bucket seats, console
N96 RamCharger hood

:violent1:

Attachments

• scan0062.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 188
  • scan0065c.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 184
I wish I had my '72 Nova back.

I wish my brother had his '55 Chevy back (so does he).

Attachments

• Mitch 01.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Nova 72 01.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 187
some great looking rides.keep them coming..

my first car a 67 cuda notch back 273 i ran the crap out of it in high school..got it for 600.00 buck at the same time they had a 69 dart GTS 383 for the same price but i got the cuda cause i did not think my dad would let me have it.

Not a classic,but I miss my 05 Jeep Wrangler Willys edition. Soft top,6 speed,4.0 all green with camo interior. I had fun driving that thing no matter if it was to the bank,or at Moab. Awesome sound system with the speakers in the roll bar.Just drop the top and drive:burnout:

That and my first car: mint 70 Dart 4 door Custom white with B5 interior. Slant 904 a/c P/S,bought it for 1,000 with 14,500 original miles on it in 2001.

First car I bought new 73 Challenger 340, 4 speed.
The X wrote it off in 1980 showing off to a friend in the rain.
They survived without a scratch but the car was buckled from the roof to the floor and front to back.
:violent1:

This one. 1970 340 Duster 4spd car, originally orange....my highschool car. I had to sell it my first month of college to pay for a pole I put a Ford EXP through. Sold it in Sault Ste. Marie Canada winter 91/92. I lost track of it about 1996. I would likely buy it back no matter what shape. Hopefully it is not flat.

Attachments

• Duster 4.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 142
I have a couple examples of what I should have bought but didn't....

First is a 69 1/2 440 6pak 4 speed Super Bee. It was sitting under a tree at a horse farm I got a job at in high school. The asking price was $400.00, and I was told I could "work it off"!! They had a horse show coming up on the weekend and me and my buddy worked like dogs all week digging holes, erecting fences, everything a boy didn't want to do. On Friday we asked if we could get our pay for the week as we were both broke and there was a party that night. Our wages for the week??? $20.00!!! I knew there was no way I was ever gonna "work off" the car at that rate without dying of slave labor first, so I never went back. A couple years later the car was gone and so were the owners!!! Oh well!!

Next was a 1970 Roadrunner convertible 383 4 speed car. I wanted that car bad also as my dad had the 440 6pak version he bought brand new. The car was only $500.00 so I though sure that dad would loan me the $$ to buy it, so I offered to take him with me to see it for himself. He took one look at the rusty Runner and told me "no way" on loaning me the $$$. Got sold to someone else!!

Last was a 1970 Superbird that sat up by a house in this little triangle where the 2 roads split around our town. The car looked like it lost it on the 4th turn at Daytona, no panel on that car was left undented, unrusted or untouched by humankind. I believe everybody in town tried to buy that car, and as I remember it the price was only $450.00, but no one seemed to be able to buy it for some reason. It was before my time when I could reall step up and press the issue, and the owners moved and the car was never seen again.

These three cars may have changed my life in unimaginable ways!! I probably would be the top poster on FBBO right now instead of being with y'all here!!! I'm kinda glad it didn't happen that way, I like it here!!! Geof

-
Back