the Other "Other Woman"

-

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
things have been tight around here so I havent gotten much racing in, this weekend I had my third start in my mini sprint, I last ran it august 10th and got second in the dash and not to good in the heat race and had gotten up to 5th in the 14 car feature when a jacobs ladder heim joint broke and took out the rear sprocket.....fixed everything but the gear and had the car ready but no funds so she's been sitting. My Buddie Sheldon Kinser Jr. asked last week why I haden't been out and what it needed....friday after work he came by to have a beer and dropped me off a new rear sprocket :) and an invite for a bonfire and load my car into his trailer so we could get in some much needed racin, so while we was there he tossed a new left rear and a barely used right rear to see if we could wake the ol'girl up after some tire grooving and installing the gear she was ready..on saturday in practice she didnt turn to well so i adjusted stuff....still a turd....then the heat race started outside pole went right to the rear in two laps...uhhhggg..finally decided the engine was maybe the problem so I gutted the muffler and adjusted more stuff then they called for an unnanounced dash race first one strapped into their car and on the starting line gets the pole...yee Haw I got this!!! they gave me choice of inside or outside groove and the way the car was pushing (wouldn't turn) I chose the outside groove when they dropped the green I went for the cushion wide open stuck her sideways down the front straight and planted the pedal to the metal got slammed in the lt rear tire and passed by the 69 but i kept her to the floor and eased off some and got inside to regain the lead in a clean racin fashion after two more restarts I had finally taken my first checkered flag in a mini sprint :)

Attachments

• 1452407_675079989193613_153664248_n.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 734417_675079465860332_1021593451_n.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 315
  • 1456025_483885898391580_558668171_n.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 281
  • slideways baby 002.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 275
  • slideways baby 003.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 279
  • slideways baby 004.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 278
  • slideways baby 001.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 275
Congrats getting the checkered......uuuuuum if all you needed was a rear sprocket thinger or whatever that's called ...should have just said something ......dawgette can kick a few Scooby bucks to your paypal in the name of winning a damn race :D

Attachments

• ddg-sign-2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 278
Congrats Curtis. That's really cool. Glad to see you back in it. Been wonderin where you were.

Nice job Curtis, and good to hear you got to enjoy some seat time for a change!! Needs to happen more often mee thinks!! Geof

So there's where you've been.......eatin' dirt & havin' FUN :thumleft:

8-) :) Congrats on the 1st WIN & the "other woman" is cute!!

It's called the Bullring (marion county speedway) I had no idea I was going till friday evening after a lot of work measuring to see if everything was aligned, I learned a lot over the weekend....when I was scrambling to adjust the car kinser was like stand on the gas harder and he was right but when I gutted the muffler it was right also...Him and Angie Kinser were the first ones out of the stands joined by my son steven!!!!!!!!!! I'm His Crew Chief on the 56 car and its sure nice to have them helpin me while I'm workin on his car....He took the feature win from inside second row and he didnt lap me in the feature so that is an improvement...this just ain't asphalt pro figure eights....that is where my nich is but evolution has precedence...I'm hooked ;)when the races were all over with the track owner had no problem letting steven take a few laps and that made the night awesome to the T!!!!!!!!!
What track are you racing at?

we go when we can afford to go, the first rule of racin is ya don't go on grocery money. i need the seat time 3rd start in the car and a dash win is a great thing to me and with a trickle down sponsorship as a crew chief is even better when the car I am in charge of wins the feature, I Think Mr Kinser needs a new right rear tire so I can git the old one Lol
Nice job Curtis, and good to hear you got to enjoy some seat time for a change!! Needs to happen more often mee thinks!! Geof

SOUTHERN STATES LIGHTNING SPRINTS
"BULLRING'S DASH" WORTH ADMISSION !!!

Every dirt track across the country has their own version of a special dash race and it is almost common place at all tracks running any sort of Sprint Car venue.

Saturday night's dash race at Marion County Speedway was one of the most entertaining I've seen this season at any track.

Put on by race car photographer Lee Gammel from Ocoee , Florida and winner of this one each time it is held gets a nice looking plaque made of cherry wood and engraved metal facing but one would think it might be gold the way the drivers "clammer" to win it.

The excitement starts before the race even does as it is open to anyone that hasn't won a feature event at "The Bullring" this season and starting positions are determined by who comes out on the track and lines up in front of the flaggers tower. Such the fun begins as drivers scramble to jump in their Mini Sprints and get to the line to get a good starting position.

It's 5 laps to "get er done' and on this night there were two yellow flags before this one got done from drivers driving to win like the winning lottery ticket was the prize.

Curtis Youmans #27 from Floral City , Florida bested the field on this night and after an attempted doughnuts failure on the front stretch Curtis began to let out the "War Whoops" before he completely unharnessed himself.

It's just one of the events on a regular Saturday night at "The Bullring" that makes this place a great value for the price of admission and a true "family oriented" speedplant.

Promoters take note and I'm in favor of more dash races in other divisions also. Hats off to Lee Gammel.

4Unlike · · Share

I give up on doughnuts...about ran thru the wall Lol Kinser destroyed his brand new rear sprocket while doing his doughnut ROFLMAO we at disaster motorsports know how to wreck stuff like that

Congrats on the win. Now that you have broken the ice it's full throttle from here for many more wins.

whoo hoo bendinrules.com posted it up on youtube ocala dash race at the bullring

-
Back