The passing of my Grandma 9-14-09

-

gts340

Reaction score
I just wanted to let you guys know that my grandmother passed in her sleep early this morning. Besides being the greatest grandmother anyone could want, she also gave me my first car, a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger, that she bought new.
My grandma was always a Mopar girl, having had numerous Pentastar products over the years. 48 Plymouth coupe, 57 Plymouth Belvidere, 62 Plymouth Savoy, the 70 Dart and winding down her driving career in an 88 Dodge Omni, the car she replaced the Dart with. We both cried when I wrecked that Dart. She is responsible for me turning out as a Mopar guy in an otherwise Chevy family.
Grandma would take me on high speed blasts down a country road once in awhile as a kid. I can still remember the sound of the air coming up under the car and it pushed us towards 100, which was my goal on those days. Over the years I would take her for rides in some of my cars, her never blinking an eye at the speed while enjoying the texture of the interior panels.
Last October, on her 100th birthday, I took her for her last ride in a fast, old Dodge. Here she is in the GSS on the way to get her hair done before her birthday party.

Esther Tilley, Oct. 17th, 1908- Sept. 14th, 2009.

100_1517.jpg

Wow, sounds like a sweet lady that lived a long good life! Sorry for your loss, I wish the best for your family.

All I can say is you are one lucky guy. It sounds like she was the greatest grandma a guy could have!!

My deepest sympathy goes out to your entire family.

You was blest to have such a great grandmother in your life
She sounds like a great high spirited lady that stayed young even at 80 and over years young. I would bet my last dolor that she kept a smile on most of the time by looking at the sweet picture and living a long life, and a MoPar lady at that.
My thoughts and prayers to you and your family gts340, She will be remembered here at my house as a fun and happy Mopar grandmother that made a big difference in your life and many many others
Ain't nothing in the world that will ever replace my great times with my grand mother Mayble May Morgan 7/4/1912 may our grand mothers rest in peace and thank you so much for sharing such a great lady.
My condolences and keep her spirit alive in you gts340
You stay strong for your family and friends

Mike

What a great picture and wonderful story! May she rest in peace in the greatest of our Lord's graces.

Thank you for sharing GTS340 and my condolences to you, your family and all her friends which I imagine are many. God Speed Grandma!

Grandmas are special and it sounds like yours was no exception. The difference being that she was also a true blue Mopar gal. Very nice tribute. R.I.P Grandma.

Condolences to you and your family.....

What a cool grandma. Thanks for sharing.

Your grandmother is one of those special people from a generation that`s a cut above the rest! It`s unfortunate we can`t have them for our entire lives. You were a lucky man to have enjoyed her company. My condolences to you and your family.

Thank you for sharing that photo with us. Our condolences and prayers to you and your family.

My condolences to you and your family, she had a big influence, thanks for sharing a great story.

It's amazing to think of all the changes she saw in the world in her lifetime...from people still using horses for transportation to Man going to outer space.

Thanks for the prayers and condolences. She really was a special lady. Of course there was much more to her than just the love of her cars. She taught piano until she was 99. She used to teach school in one of those one room country school houses. I can't imagine how the world seemed now compared to when she was a little girl. She was tough, determined and smart. We were lucky that she still had her mind all the way until the end, something I wonder if I still have now.

gts340, My grandparents died when I was very young. You are so blessed to have had such a wonderful person as her in your life, and a Mopar lady too! Thanks for sharing those wonderful memories, I wish the best for you and your family.

We should all be so lucky to live a long and full life as she did.

My condolences to you and your family for your loss. :cry:

Wow,a 100 years..God bless her she saw things we can only read about..

Grandparents are very special people, especially if they are rally involved with the grandkids. You know that research has indicated that only 20% of grandparents get involved with the grandkids. 80% never spend time with them (pretty sad). Sounds like she was a very special lady.

I know that she will always be in your heart and thoughts. Over time the pain does get a little easier and it will eventually fade as a vague memory and you will remember her always.

Dave

WOW 100! That is just awesome. Sorry for your loss.

BTW if I can be so bold to say...out of all the postings of Mopar Babes....SHE is the BEST Mopar BABE I have yet to see! A TRUE mopar LADY!

Aloha

My condolences to you and your family, thanks for sharing a great story. We'll be praying for you and your family.

BTW you being in Kingston and me being in Quincy, we should meet each other sometime. Are you going to MMW?

-
Back