"the pro touring look"

-
is it just me or does everyone and theyre brother do mustang wheel on theyre "pro touring" mopars?? some one change it up lol

hey when your poor, your poor. there isnt much of a choice for the price.

really its no diffirent than every street strip mopar with welds, or when you go to a car show and every mopar has ralley wheels. i wouldnt put ralleys on my car if they were free.

I'm sorta goin the pro tourin thing with my Dart, but I'm gonna use plain steel wheels and dog dishes. I want it to look like the factory did it.

Threw this together a while back. Its where Im headed anyway. Again, it is primarily the "look" Im after but I do plan to atleast try to get the suspension pretty decently set up. Some nice quality adjustable shocks are next on the list regarding suspension.
I had added front and rear sway bars a while back and it was the best damn add on part I have purchased yet! :burnout:

Attachments

• Valiant%20drawing.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,121
i only added a hellwig front bar and it was a huge improvement, but to me its a toss up between the us cartool frame connectors, sway bar, and 17"s, all 3 had a huge impact on the way the car drives. with the rear im running i dont think i can run an off the shelf rear bar. actually the first suspension upgrade i did was 6 leafs with afco nylon or delrin front eye bushings and these prothane hd rear shackles with big sleeves and poly bushings, they are really hard to find, but that also made a huge difference with body roll. im curious how much of a difference there could be if i ditch the kybs for the bilsteins.

Here's a rendering of my Pro Touring build.

resizefinal.jpg

Riddler

OK
First of all I love the stances you guys are going for.:wav:
But I have to ask the question of all of you artists. This is also the same question I put to RJ with his build.
HOW THE HELL DO YOU TURN THE FRONT WHEELS???????????:toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:
I had to raise the wheel openings on my car.
Andrew

AIR BAG IT! HAHA. Again, not really the best touring suspension as mentioned previously, but most of us aren't hitting the track and an airbag setup and decent other components would be more than enough regarding street use.

Point being (not that its new news) its most likey the best way to get the best of most worlds.
That and not going crazy regarding width of the front wheels.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU TURN THE FRONT WHEELS???????????:toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:
I had to raise the wheel openings on my car.
Andrew

Easy, build a full tube chassis, narrow the rails and push those babies in. Actually, that's part of the problem with my build. To fit a 10" wheel up front I had to narrow the rails from stock 2"-4", I can't remember for sure. My rails are 30" outside to outside. I'm still gonna need to the notch the rails 1/2" to get enough turning angle.

I've seen an air suspended car loose it's air out on the track. Twice. The Hot Rod 4 door Malibu. I was out on the track at the same time for one of those times.

I know the racer that drove the Air Ride Challenger on that FORZA tv show. He didn't like it. Wasn't reliable either. I think that was an early version for that car. And he said the car was just not well sorted out nor well built at that point.

There was a guy here with a black 67 Cuda convertible that struggled with issues on his air bag system. I think that had to do a lot with install quality. But whatever he had wasn't idiot proof.

But I admit the cars look great when you can adjust the ride height down when they are parked. You can't do that with any other suspension.

And you're right, you can cruise your car with plenty of header ground clearance and bring it down for better handling at the track. Not easy at all 4 wheels with most any other suspensions. Easy to do with on the front torsion bars of Mopars, but not the rear.

It's a great way to get a wide range of certain characteristics.

I think a good solid well though install will go a long way with realiblity. As with any custom part.

Sucks hearing those stories, and there will always be a chance of issues, regardless of what you do or use. I done a ton of research on air suspensions before pulling the trigger and from what I've seen, "most" issues come from improper installation, even by pros. For what I'm doing though, I feel like Air gives me the best compromise of comfort, performance, adjustability, and tunability; plus I don't have to wait until my build is finished, then get the car weighed in order to determine spring rate. Maybe I'm lazy...

67 Sedan

Attachments

• 216869_10150270391575550_776915549_9268212_4386183_n.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,155
build in progress...
it will sit a little lower once the soundproofing and interior are installed.
no frame surgury here, just standard welded k-frame, gusseted steering mount and lca's, frame connectors, poly everything with FFI struts, tie rod ends and greasable lca pins and 1.06 bars. Everything, including paint and bodywork, was done where it sits.. in a parking stall in my condo.
will finish it off with 18" Ridler 695's if they have the right backspace for me.
its not a show car by any stretch, but it should look pretty good while i flog the crap out of it!

Attachments

• Ridler%20695%20MB%2018x9_5%20(2).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 922
  • 013_1_1.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 944
  • 019_1.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 924
  • 015_1_1.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 925
  • 005_1_2.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 963
  • 004_1.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,033
build in progress...
it will sit a little lower once the soundproofing and interior are installed.
no frame surgury here, just standard welded k-frame, gusseted steering mount and lca's, frame connectors, poly everything with FFI struts, tie rod ends and greasable lca pins and 1.06 bars. Everything, including paint and bodywork, was done where it sits.. in a parking stall in my condo.
will finish it off with 18" Ridler 695's if they have the right backspace for me.
its not a show car by any stretch, but it should look pretty good while i flog the crap out of it!

That's what the hell I'm talking about right there!!! Building an A-body to handle amazingly well using stock suspension design.....pauly, your car is badass!!, same for you Steve!!....you guys have always impressed me with you cars and the way they handle! and i thank you guys for all the help you two gave me while i built my 68 cuda.... :)

I'd love to use those minilite style wheels but I haven't found any that have the right size and backspace.

225-60-15

Handles Great.

I wish i could get better streetable tires for it. Maybe ill just go with some 15inch Hoosiers. Can't say i am a huge fan of the big wheels.

Attachments

• les4.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 948
Dont like huge wheels either but got a deal on these 18s and it all just fell together. Mine isnt Pro anything, I just neede a departure from the old crappy handling straight line only setup it used to have. I have rms ca's,strut rods, hotchkis front sway, .890 tbars for now and +1" circle track rear springs. Next is Bilsteins and a Flaming river 16.1 box. Have 11.75 brakes and may have room for Mr. Diffs 14.25" conversion we will see.

View attachment 20110828162753-1.jpg

View attachment 095.jpg

View attachment 20110617094055.jpg

-
Back