??The Question Thread??

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
I have some questions that I would liked answered about using the forum. I asked one of the administrators but couldn't get any answers. I would like to learn more about what different functions are available but just don't know how to use them. If anyone would like to use this thread as a practice they should because it will not disrupt the other threads. One reason I more than likely haven't learned some of these questions is because I didn't want to make a mistake and can't change it.

Question 1

How to post sentences with each picture that is attached?

Question 2

How to post multiple quotes in a post?

Question 3

Where to go to change the type posts that come up on the home page?

Example: Gold members, the blue forum, transmission, interior, parts for sale, events etc. I looked and can't find it.

Thanks!

Question 2

How to post multiple quotes in a post?

When you hit your reply to quote, you have bracketed commands that duplicate the post. I just cut and paste the beginning and the end of the command around the phrase that I want to use.

For Example

(bracket)QUOTE=mullinax95;332228(bracket) is the beginning bracket

(bracket)/QUOTE(bracket) is the ending bracket.

Question 3

Where to go to change the type posts that come up on the home page?

Example: Gold members, the blue forum, transmission, interior, parts for sale, events etc. I looked and can't find it.

Thanks!

Click on "forum" link at the top of the page.

I'm sure you're going to get flooded with answers but I want to do what I could to help out.

Question 3 : If you hit the "FORUM" buttom on the top tool bar area (grey lined area) it will display all the different areas that you can post in.

Question 1 : I was also wondering about the sentence with each picture at one time and found out that you can do it by having your pictures hosted by Photobucket or one of the other picture hosting sites. You just use the insert a link button (world with the paper clip) and then you can put the text between the pictures. I'm not sure if there is another way to do this but that is how I started doing it.

I think you have a great idea with the "TEST" area, I like it.

I hope these answers make sense.

Rich

Mully, I can help with Question 1 because I just recently figured out how to do it myself LOL!

Type whatever you want to say in the "Go Advanced" mode. To select a picture to include (do this in the exact spot you want the picture to show up), click on the picture of the little paper clip right next to the white smiley face directly above the box you're typing in. It will open a new window box that says "Manage Attachments." Click on "browse," and then find the photo you want to post wherever it's located on your computer. Double click on the photo you want, wait a couple seconds for it to show up in the empty box next to "browse," and then click on "Upload." Wait a few more seconds ... the file name(s) of the picture(s) you selected will then show up below the empty "browse" boxes in a list. Then click on "Close This Window" at the top of the "Manage Attachments" window to return to your typed post. Click again on the little paper clip picture, select the photo you want from those you just uploaded, and voila! there it is!

The only way I've been able to figure out how to do multiple quotes within one post is to quote from the first one, reduce the FABO window, re-open a new FABO window from your google search box, find the next post you want to quote from, and then basically start over with a new quote. Once it places the new quote into your reply box, copy all of that. Then reduce (or close) that FABO box. Re-open the first FABO box you started, paste the second quote, and go from there.

It sounds more difficult all written out than it really is, and you'll quickly get the hang of it once you try it a time or two. I hope this helps. Best of luck!!!!

whatever you want to say DSC01616.jpg

whatever you want to say 2DSC01618.jpg

DSC01616.jpg

DSC01618.jpg

CudaChick thanks.

I almost got it. The sentences was split up however. I typed "whatever you want to say" but the "say" is at the bottom of the picture. Then I typed "whatever you want to say 2" and the "2" is at the bottom of the second picture. LOL! Oh well atleast I got most of it.

Thrashard340,

I know how to quote someone (one person) but I want to learn how to quote more than one person in one post. Another words what is the "QUOTE + " button for in bottom right hand corner. When I click on it the "+" turns to " - "

Thrashard340,

I know how to quote someone (one person) but I want to learn how to quote more than one person in one post. Another words what is the "QUOTE + " button for in bottom right hand corner. When I click on it the "+" turns to " - "

Mully, the way I multi-quote is click on the "quote +" of each member you want to reply to before going to the "post reply" button. All quoted messages will show in the reply box. Then type your responses "individually" in between the multiple messages. Add extra blank lines to separate the quotes better ??

Mully, it still amazes me how similar our cars are, even down to the wheels.
View attachment 38505

Tell me one thing though totally unrelated to your thread -- what exhaust did you go with???

Beautiful cars......both of you!

Why thank you ma'am!!! <curtseying> And see, look at that -- you even taught me something, a MUCH easier way than all my back-and-forth opening and closing windows BS to copy more than one person. LMFAO!!!!!

Like 6pk I use the (quote+) for each member I want to reply to and then the (quote) for the last member when I`m ready to type.

Testing....... text between pix. Can't seem to be able to do this. :dontknow:
And I don't have a clue how these 2 pix ended up side by side?

Mully, it still amazes me how similar our cars are, even down to the wheels.
View attachment 38505

Tell me one thing though totally unrelated to your thread -- what exhaust did you go with???

You might be questioning why the exhaust hanging down so low in that picture. That is when the motor was out of the car and the pipes are tied up.

TTI headers into 3" collectors (about 9" long) into 2.5 X-PIPE out of X with 2.5 into Flowmaster 40s out to turn downs before the axle. I dumped the exhaust because I don't like exhaust pipes sticking out the back.

The hood is black now.

First picture Hoover%2072%20Demon%20005%20%28WinCE%29.jpg

Second piture Snorkel%20Scoop%20Install%20001%20%28WinCE%29.jpg

I don't know. The words should be on top of the picture like in post #7

I did the same thing here as I did in post #7

Hoover%2072%20Demon%20005%20%28WinCE%29.jpg

Snorkel%20Scoop%20Install%20001%20%28WinCE%29.jpg

Why thank you ma'am!!! <curtseying> And see, look at that -- you even taught me something, a MUCH easier way than all my back-and-forth opening and closing windows BS to copy more than one person. LMFAO!!!!!

Maybe it will work!!

Like 6pk I use the (quote+) for each member I want to reply to and then the (quote) for the last member when I`m ready to type.

Maybe it will work!!

Well thanks to 6pktogoDemon, and Longgone. As you can see in post #17 I got it to work. I know now what I was doing. I would click on the "QUOTE +" button for each person but I would not click on the "POST REPLY" button. I would always click on "Post Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced"

Thanks.

That answered questions 1 and 2.

The third question. On another website that used to go to you could edit what type forum topics you would see on the home page. Another words when you first get home lets say and bring FABO page up you will see the list of posts. But lets say I don't want to see "Car parts for sale" posts then it would not show those. There was a page you go to in the "user cp" that you uncheck each box of the forum you don't wish to see. Therefore this would let more posts of the forums you wish to see on the home page.

Trying again........LOL.....:sign9:...:scratch:

Pic #1

Pic #2

Mully, After I insert the first picture, I can't figure out where to type. The pic doesn't show on the screen unless I hit "preview post".

Thanks for starting this thread. I will keep trying.........????

Mully, After I insert the first picture, I can't figure out where to type. The pic doesn't show on the screen unless I hit "preview post".

Thanks for starting this thread. I will keep trying.........????

Type what you want first for that particular picture. Hit enter twice then click on the paper clip and click on the picture.

Do the same for the secon picture.

-
Back